Recent content by retiredguy

1. R

3.5 Tecumseh Exhaust Info Wanted

I think I will just put a small straight "elbow" on it- and them pics are of my bike- it HAS been sitting for along time but thanks to you guys I may take a ride this week-end- I will keep you posted and thanks again- Vic-
  2. R

3.5 Tecumseh Exhaust Info Wanted

Can I just run a threaded "pipe" out the rear of my engine so I won't burn my leg any more? or is a flange necessary to hook the exhaust up-here are some pics - I don't need anything fancy- and I am looking for something local maybe- Thanks for any info or ideas
  3. R

Is My Clutch Still Good?-

Thanks folks- yup I didn't get to use it very much- But I plan to-
  4. R

My Nova

I had major rust on my handle bars and forks- Well I got an idea from youtube- I used Mystery Oil and it took the rust off with no problem- it was the best rust cleaned I have ever used- Looks so much better- I also soaked my chain in it and it looks and feels almost new- it rust free AND...
  5. R

Is My Clutch Still Good?-

Here is a pic of my clutch- it looks good but I have no idea what to look for- the springs still have good tension and it just appears "dry" to me- any ideas?
  6. R

Hotrod pull wagon build

Man that front linkage is killer- I am working on a simple garden cart and could not figure out how to make a sturdy linkage to steer it- NOW thanks to you I have a working model
  7. R

My Nova

good info I will check it today- thanks
  8. R

is it supposed to be like this?

ok thanks for the info - I will remove the guard and give the thing a look see and post the results
  9. R

is it supposed to be like this?

When the 3.5 tecumseh engine is running- well the chain is moving- I had the mini bike on a stand and at idle the rear tire was spinning- AND- i could hear like a bell sound (like a ringing)coming from the front sprocket area- when I took the chain off- the ringing sound stopped- I could not (...
  10. R

Chain Removal from my Nova Help needed

I will put it on my things to do list hahaha- I hope you have a new chain there
  11. R

My Nova

Thank You and yup I took a rag to it- tomorrow I get an inline filter and prob a new fuel bowl- I'm gonna look for that link and I think I may just take your advice and get a new chain thanks for the info- and that is a foot "scrub(?)" brake- talk about hi-tech stuff- hahahaha
  12. R

Chain Removal from my Nova Help needed

I got my Nova stared- now - how to remove the chain- Can I just remove the chain guard- drop the rear tire and the remove the chain from the front and rar sprockets? what about chain tension? OR can I oil the chain in place by hand? thanks in advance-
  13. R

My Nova

WWOOOWHOOO_ Got my mini bike started after all these years- man what a thrill- I forgot it has no hand brake and it goes as soon as youpick your feet off the ground hahahaha- I have a new question- Ill post here then an the gen info forum HOW do I oil the chain? its rusty brown- do I remove...
  14. R

ready to test run

UPDATE: Well it started- had start at first- had to use starting fluid- then it ran after I made the adjustments Thanks to the info provided by JRZMAC Now I have a couple of fuel leaks- poss the gasket went bad (after all it has been there since 1970 hahaha) and I may need a new fuel bowl as...
  15. R

My Nova

Thanks for the comments- and it's funny but not any pics of it back in the day- guess , at least for us, pics were a big deal and sometimes pics were taken and just never processed- you remember the deal of taking them to the local pharmacy and waiting a week and all that stuff-