3.5 Tecumseh Exhaust Info Wanted

Can I just run a threaded "pipe" out the rear of my engine so I won't burn my leg any more? or is a flange necessary to hook the exhaust up-here are some pics - I don't need anything fancy- and I am looking for something local maybe- Thanks for any info or ideas

where are you finding these pics? That is one righteous old Tecumseh.. Your clutch is pretty amazing itself.. You don't find them like that anymore..

They put your muffler that way from the factory, but yeah if it is burning your leg, you could always loosen the muffler and aim it down or in another direction.. You can extend it some or just screw the muffler into the block without the angle..

You don't want a big ole hunk of pipe in the motor, as the weight of it can break the block or wear out the hole if there is no bracket to hold the extra weight..

I think I will just put a small straight "elbow" on it- and them pics are of my bike- it HAS been sitting for along time but thanks to you guys I may take a ride this week-end- I will keep you posted and thanks again- Vic-

Just what The Restore Kid said. Loosen the pipe nut at the engine and swing the muffler down a little, then tighten the pipe nut. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Either way it will work actually.. Lots of times exhaust stuff that old is welded in forever and it just gets destroyed trying to loosen it..

add another 45, rotate the one ya got, ad a shield of sorts.. Put your feet on the handle bars.. :laugh: something will work out..

DO NOT!!!!! wreck that muffler.. pipe fittings are available.. That muffler is :deal: