Recent content by rodburner

1. R

bike height

Mostly the carpet in my living room.:out: I've had the kit since before Thanksgiving and all I've done to it was mount the wheels and tires,and the forks on to the frame. It's sitting on my coffee table,waiting for me to pull my head out...:shrug::laugh:
  2. R

bike height

The 10" wheels and tires that came with my Azusa kit are 17" in diameter and give 7" of ground clearance.
  3. R

How do I make a hole SMALLER?

Drill the new arm bigger OR weld the mounting bracket holes shut and re-drill to 12mm,if you just have to have a "proper" setup.
  4. R

anyone ever make there own fenders?

None for a mini,but like 125,some 'glass one's for my motorcycle. I just cut some old car tires into 3rd's and waxed the insides,then laid in the fiberglass.When they were cured,just twist the tire a bit to release the glass and pull out your compound curve fender for a little trimming and...
  5. R

Tight Fit...

Thanks.But I only fiddle with it for a few minutes,every few days. It's been too cold for my old unemployed bones to be out in the shed longer than that. I was surprised that I got it in there without a longer front down tube. I just cut out the engine mount plate [the clone wouldn't fit it...
  6. R

Tight Fit...

No spark plug issues,but it's definitely not like "throwin a hotdog down a hallway" anymore.:grind:
  7. R

20hp briggs animal projectt!!!

bah,IMO,changing your mind mid project,mid winter,is what keeps the fires burning until spring.Then it's balls to the wall,"get sh!t done yesterday" time. At least that's the rational I'm using to cram an XR80 motor into my Arctic cat frame.:grind:
  8. R

real estate scam

If there is a bright side,you lost 10K,but the sap that bought that place in 1999 paid nearly 900K. I'll stick with my paid off 24K house,thanks.
  9. R

Mini Bike welded from scratch: ELEANOR

Sequels never have the impact of the original. :mad2:
  10. R

as a what?
  11. R

You will forget all about your "work of art" and the twenty bucks,once you jump on that thing and blast around the block a few times.
  12. R

Power Dyne Rail on ebay

wow,I don't know nothing about "vintage" anything,but did he use his bear hands or his human hands when he stripped it down to the "bear" frame? And not being an expert,is paying attention to every detail the same as painting over something without removing the rust or straightening the bent...
  13. R

Where do I steel 1025???

black pipe is not iron pipe,its mild steel,rolled pipe with 25-35% carbon. I wouldn't build a bridge with it,but properly designed,reinforced and welded,it's certainly up to the task of making a mini bike. When he is done building it,he will then have the know how to make another from the more...
  14. R

How are you guys building your steering heads?

My NEW Azusa kit is exactly that,a 5/8" bolt through the 3/16" upper and lower "tree's" and through a thick wall chunk of what appears to be DOM tubing. My ArcticCat project was 1-1/2" tube that looked to be relieved for ball bearings,but as a devotee of overkill,I centered a chunk of .120...
  15. R

Where do I steel 1025???

I'm not a fabricator or anything,but depending on how much you want to spend or how light you want the frame to be,any number of common tubing and pipe types are around. I work in the natural gas industry and we use A106 mild steel pipe every day. It's relatively heavy because of the wall...