Recent content by SAT

1. S

Gasoline question

Taryl Fixes All did a comprehensive series on Snake Oil additives.
  2. S

Gasoline question

Non-ethanol, recreation use, 90 octane. Rec 90 or Rec 89 in Michigan. sorry about the confustion, my bad.
  3. S

Gasoline question

Seafoam for decades. Rec 90 in a clean No-spill can. Carb re-builds look like new inside.
  4. S

Maybe a Apc mini chopper / mini bike

Looks like our APC chopper. The rear wheel might be a replacement, ours is a twin. Gonna need a lot of frame reinforcements. The steel welds poorly at best.
  5. S

Where do you buy metal?

Alro Metal, Jackson, Michigan.
  6. S

Crankshaft drill and tap

I’ve seen both 3/8” NF and 5/16 NF. Probably depends on the size required for the CVT. But are the keys different ?
  7. S

Clutch Decisions

Holler if you need a drill tap guide.
  8. S

Crankshaft drill and tap

I can make drill tap guides for just about any small engine. My bigger lathe is a 10x24 and the sky is pretty much the limit. I would need some specifics and output shaft Outside Diameter, in several places with a micrometer.
  9. S

Happy new years !!!

Happy New Year everyone. Safe travels.
  10. S

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas everyone. Safe travels
  11. S

Project Muffalotta!

If you had access to a mill and a rotary indexer, you could make a drill guide. Shape it like a cup, slip it over the miffler housing, fasten the muffler/guide in a pipe thread fixture. Drill the perfectly spaced holes with a step drill. Remove and de-burr. Or are you thinking to stamping...
  12. S

having trouble with mini bike build

I can machine them for any output shaft OD and any thread form.
  13. S

having trouble with mini bike build

I still have a few of my 5/16-24 drill tap guides for 3/4” and 5/8” crankshafts. $20 plus shipping. Sized for a Letter I drill bit.
  14. S

stuck triple tree bolt -help?

Heat Gibbs Shock with a non-marring brass hammer. Repeat for a week. Lots of good choices here.
  15. S

Jackshaft questions

Max Torque clutch, might as well get a Workhorse. 5/8” OD jackshaft, this will allow installation of a drum/band brake kit. These make a wonderful left side secondary brake.