Recent content by tomc585

1. T

how to put scooter motor on kart

Here's mine, Looks like the same frame as your clipper but shorter. I put an 8hp kohler (1" shaft) on it. Ran like a raped ape. Was tough squeezing into it and my knees were in my chest. Not designed for anyone over 5' tall. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  2. T

John Deere LA115

Bill, do the rod bolts call for any thread lock? Considering using a dab of the blue for extra measure since this motor failed due to loose end cap bolts with only 44hrs on the clock.
  3. T

John Deere LA115

Awesome, thanks bill. Head gasket arrived in a soft envelope and is unusable. Surprised they (Mowtownusa) didn't use cardboard to protect it.
  4. T

John Deere LA115

Helping a buddy out with his lawn tractor. Im replacing the connecting rod and I cant find the torque specs for the crankcase cover, connecting rod and head bolts. Does anyone have access to the service manual (TM103419). Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks. Tommy. Its a LA115...
  5. T

B&S Clone?

Looking for the a fan housing and recoil.
  6. T

Odd Driveshaft

Wow, never seen anything like that before. looks like a strong design.
  7. T

B&S Clone?

Bingo, looks like its a Kawasaki FA210D or similar.
  8. T

B&S Clone?

update: I noticed that there wasn't any spark and the flywheel looked as though someone had it off. I took off the flywheel to discover no points cover (shocked it had point too) and it was gaped like the grand canyon and the screw was chewed on. Got a good spark now and the tank looks like it...
  9. T

Technical question on 5hp gov.operation

what carb is on it now?
  10. T

B&S Clone?

I have an old Dayton 2000 watt generator that has a 5hp B&S with a pulsa jet on it. The tank has seen better days. While I was at the scrap yard cashing in some old radiators I saw what looked like a skelitized B&S 5hp motor on the pile. It was from a generator (tapered shaft) and had a large...
  11. T

toro power handle

i have one for sale. 22"SnowHound Runs great! http://longisland.craigslist.org/grd/2051499522.html