Recent content by wmgatorfan08

1. W

Briggs Valve Guide Kit

Bump
  2. W

Briggs Valve Guide Kit

Here's a pic of the exhaust and intake side.
  3. image3982

image3982

4. image3981

image3981

5. W

Briggs Valve Guide Kit

Bump
  6. W

Briggs Valve Guide Kit

I need to repair the valve guides on a 5hp briggs flathead but I have never repaired valve guides before and do not have the tooling. It looks like there are several options out there. The most expensive and easiest looking to use is the EZ bore kit. I found it here: Valve Guide...
  7. W

1971 Copper 5hp Briggs Rebuild

My progress on this engine completely stopped back in 2012. I had some health problems that kept me from being able to work on it. Today I was cleaning and organizing the shop when I found 5 boxes full of 5hp flathead parts. One of the boxes contained all the parts from this project...
  8. W

Carb issues....I think.

I was thinking gas cap too.
  9. W

Mystery hole in side of Briggs 5HP carb?

You could always take it off if you feel comfortable doing that. It isnt the easiest thing to put back on but it is doable. It would not hurt the carb to soak overnight.
  10. W

Mystery hole in side of Briggs 5HP carb?

If I were you I would pull the welch plug out and replace it. They are on ebay for pretty cheap. Also I would go through the carb and do a good cleaning/rebuild since it has been sitting.
  11. W

Im going to start watching ebay for a manual. I think im going to end up buying a new block for 80 shipped.
  12. W

I actually already ordered some decals. They came in last week!
  13. W

I did talk to him and it is .003 out of round. Yeah i'm going to pass on this one.
  14. W

Ok so still not sure what to do about the block. I have been looking at this one on ebay for a few days. (#1)BRIGGS 5HP BLOCK-ALUMINUM BORE .003" OVERSZIE OLD STYLE 2 BOLT PORTS | eBay What do you guys think?? I talked to the guy and he said that it was .003 out of round from top to bottom.
  15. W

Not your fault!! Hey its part of the process. I don't care what happens this thing will be running and look amazing before I'm done!!