Trojan Mini Bikes

this decal was covered by an old paint job! Trojan mini bikes were made in Walnut Creek and San Ramon California in the 60s! today they are very upscale cities of the San Francisco Bay Area. Times sure change.

capguncowboy

this decal was covered by an old paint job! Trojan mini bikes were made in Walnut Creek and San Ramon California in the 60s! today they are very upscale cities of the San Francisco Bay Area. Times sure change.
My wife's best friend lives in San Ramon. We visited there a couple of years ago. I certainly never would have believed it was once an area with a lot of mini bikes or the location of any manufacturing

I wonder if any anyone living in the east bay area remembers Diablo Enterprises, a Taco and Trojan dealer off Monument Blvd., Concord in the 1960's? Garden Equipment, also nearby on Meadow Lane, was the Bonanza dealer... The good old days.

I wonder if any anyone living in the east bay area remembers Diablo Enterprises, a Taco and Trojan dealer off Monument Blvd., Concord in the 1960's? Garden Equipment, also nearby on Meadow Lane, was the Bonanza dealer... The good old days.
. Do you remember The Trojan factory in the East Bay? There isn't any History on the net I could find. I remember the Trojans as a kid in the 60s. growing up in Daly City we had The Pit Stop . They sold Tacos there!

I do not Joe. I thought they were made in Alamo, until I viewed the name plate on your bike. I was born in SF and lived in Daly City before my parents moved the family to the east bay in the early 1960's.

I don't recall the Pit Stop, but remember House of Scrambles, a Bultaco Ossa dealer, along with other oddities in Daly City. Also remember a commercial slot car raceway on Mission St. as well.

I recall the Trojan to be more of a utilitarian bike, when compared to Bonanza, Taco and others, but they were a capable mini. The neighbor kid had one where I lived and it was quite wheelie prone, (compared to my Bonanza) even with the 3 1/2 hp Tecumseh engine.

Doug

Triley41395

Picked up another Trojan yesterday. After talking with the owner for a few weeks, we negotiated a fair price, met at a local Car gathering and sealed the deal with a handshake and a Cold beer View attachment 305007
We're the clutch covers the same as on the bonanza. Wondering if the sourced them from the same supplier. They share a very similar look, do you know which company was started first? Or maybe they were connected in some way.