Search results

1. OldMan

WTS: 4hp Mini Bikes North Tx

I have two (Murray-style) Mini Bikes for sale in the Sherman area. Each has a 4hp OHV motor. Frame, seat, chain, clutch, tires and brakes all in good shape. They are a bit dusty from sitting, but they have always been stored inside. $200 each, or $370 for the pair. I...
  2. OldMan

Comet TAV2-30 Torq-A-Verter

TAV2-30, ¾” bore, #35 chain, Cast aluminum back-plate. Includes factory manual and all hardware (pictured). Less than 2 hours use. Plastic cover also included (a bit rough) but not pictured. $OLD, PF in the CONUS. Please PM/email if interested.
  3. OldMan

The other chinee mini

Anybody else have one of the Other Chinese bikes? These come with 4hp honda-clones a really beefy frame, and 8" wheels. Homier distributing sells them, and if you're looking for a new bike with good power, take a look at these.
  4. OldMan

Double dippers?

Just curious... how many folks have both: Old US made minis and newer Chinese copies? I have both and like both, and find there is really very little difference between them... other than origin. :scooter:
  5. OldMan

CRS questions...

I'm at work and Can't Remember Stuff, so... What is the thread size on the four bolt holes around the shaft on a Tec 3.5... where you would mount a TAV2? Going to stop by the local hardware store on the way home and need to pick some up. Thanks
  6. OldMan

Need a new mower, so...

I'm 99.5% sure I'm going to drop the hammer on one of these tomorrow... Gravely XDZ 160iM: The local dealer (2 miles away) has 12 months-same as cash... and I always like interest-free purchases. :wink: It's a bit pricey, but my "yard" is over 4 acres and this will save me a lot of...
  7. OldMan

I don't get it...

How so many grown peoples can be so faint about steel tubing that's younger than they. Doodlebugs, Baja's, or the odd Murray-clone... vs the rusty frames of yore? Really, is that all we have to worry about? :out: Seems it would be better to welcome ANY mini-bike enthusiast rather than...
  8. OldMan

Grumble, grumble....

I started on the G'kid's bike today (it's been a :censure: busy year), going to put a 3.5 Tec on my little green Sears frame, along with some non-permanent training wheels. I got the wheels off, the bearings out, and the old tires off, then started to clean up the rusty wheels and found...
  9. OldMan

Smokin' crack...

Custom Minibike (70's Cat 400x) :out:
  10. OldMan

jimh, This Rupp's for You!

I'll give you dibs on this one... in the spirit of the season, and all that! :biggrin: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/957302363.html
  11. OldMan

jimh - Road Trip?

SIX OLD SCHOOL MINI BIKES :scooter:
  12. OldMan

A mini just for jimh

I saw your thread about your new Ford N... here's one a guy built for his son... He hand-carved a mold for a vac-formed hood... and used an electric wheel-chair as a donor.
  13. OldMan

Trike, anyone?

10 hp........TRIKE..........
  14. OldMan

jimh... time to join the elite!

Look!! With that you can thumb your nose at GTO, MAC and the Injun!!! :biggrin:
  15. OldMan

OzzFest 2008

Whew! We had a great time, the bands were good-great, the crowd well-behaved (no fights), and the SWTs plentiful! :biggrin: Hell Yeah played an awesome set, and Ozzy was very good for a 59 year old Heavy-Metal rocker! He did all the songs I like including a couple Black Sabbath tunes...
  16. OldMan

Dallas deal... jimh?

I thought about it, but I don't need anymore minis... great price though! Mini Bike, Artic cat
  17. OldMan

Twins!

I found these on-line last night (eBay) for $96, and only $21 for shipping (with no tax :thefinger: ) With the closest Harbor Freight being 60 miles away, this is just as good a deal for me! The best part? They're coming from the same folks where I bought the Murray clones... kinda funny...
  18. OldMan

Well, we ain't high class, but...

Here are a few pics of my youngest son’s wedding, held today on my back patio. If the bride rides in her wedding dress, is that gauche? Here are my three sons (+one grandson) riding the mini’s afterwards!
  19. OldMan

Grandma!!!!

We were out riding today, the middle son and I, when all of a sudden, my Murray-clone bike decided I was holding it back, whereupon it leaped up and ran away... pulling me along for just a bit, until I decided to give it reign, and let go. :scooter: Of course, my feet weren't completely...
  20. OldMan

Crap II

My sons and I were out riding today, when my gold Sears bike stopped cold! When I first looked at it, it seemed the jack shaft clutch had a pieced of old bailing wire caught between it and the chain... after looking closer, it is one of the springs!!! I guess broke and the end got caught...