Search results

1. mhornfeck72205

WTB: GX340/390 starter. Toasted mine :(

The cam I use has no compression release, and I knew the starter I had would be short lived. It let out the magic smoke today(and a lot of it!) and now I gotta replace it. Anyone have one sitting around for sale? WTB!
  2. mhornfeck72205

Ported+SS Valves 14cc Head, NR Racing .285 0207 cam, Billet flywheel, and more

Cam and head still available. I'll take $75 for the cam and $150 for the head, plus shipping.
  3. mhornfeck72205

Flywheel, pushrods, rockers, and header sold. Engine turns 76-7800 with this head and cam. Will sell package deal for $275 if anyone's interested.
  4. mhornfeck72205

NR Racing 1.3 ratio rockers, stamped steel. $15
  5. mhornfeck72205

Next is the Billet flywheel. Had this on the bike since the beginning and its great. Skipped timing once, months ago, and its slightly scratched by the keyway. Never skipped again after that. Was running it with a 6 degree key. $60 or best offer. Chrome-moly pushrods - stock length, $15...
  6. mhornfeck72205

Parting out my GX200, Only been using my heavily modded GX390 lately. All prices are without shipping. Shouldn't be more than $5 since most fit in flat rate boxes. All items are "or best offer". No lowballs pleaseee! First up, the head. Recently painted with 500 degree enamel in Iron gray. No...
  7. mhornfeck72205

land speed build

back from the dead again... any new pictures? I love this build and I'd like to see the end product.
  8. mhornfeck72205

Head milling wanted. .060 for gx200 and .100 for gx390

Looking to get my heads milled on both of my motors and I'm curious to see if anyone will give me a combo discount for doing both. The gx200 is a Honda 14cc head and the 390 is a HF clone head. May eventually go bigger valves on the 390. How much for milling both heads? Individually? One and...
  9. mhornfeck72205

land speed build

any updates?
  10. mhornfeck72205

Two engines chained together...

I had always thought of welding a socket to a clutch to fit the flywheel nut on the other engine and using the first engine to start the second. Pull start it, rev it until it engages the next engine, starts that, and then you have dual in line motors. You would need a higher engaging clutch on...
  11. mhornfeck72205

97cc Budget cam project

Welded a few of my own gx200 cams before I got one that worked well.. If you polish it well you'll be surprised at how well it works. Just keep checking the wear on the lifters whenever you do an oil change. Make sure the lobe is flat or has a wide surface touching the lifter that stays in a...
  12. mhornfeck72205

Whats the worst condition harborfreight took your engine back on warranty?

figured "about 3500" with a speed calc. using tire size, gearing, and the bike had a speedometer w/ max speed save. Punching the info in by altering the rpm to match your speed gives an rpm to guess by. Its by no means accurate, just an approximation. The bike was pulsing upon acceleration w/...
  13. 2011-04-15_11-00-42_745

2011-04-15_11-00-42_745

14. mhornfeck72205

Explained the situation in my first post to the manager who was more than kind enough to help. He said that it was covered under warranty and you could pretty much adjust anything externally and its fine to return. Had to call up a warranty company, explain the problem, they approved it, and...
  15. mhornfeck72205

Whats the worst condition harbor freight took your engine back on warranty? My friend has his engine which hes about to return because when he was just riding it at probably around 3500 rpm, it snapped the rod cap and threw the piston into the valves. Just spins free now. Only had the gov...
  16. mhornfeck72205

Not sure what kind of kart, but I went to town with it..

roller rockers are awesome! Pushrods I used were cut a little shorter than stock length and they fit fine. Quick question. Are you supposed to purchase another gasket to fit the spacer or are you supposed to use something such as jbweld to adhere it to the head? I used JB weld and ive left it...
  17. mhornfeck72205

Got the steering done today. Ordered the $30 spindle kit on bmikarts and theyre actually pretty nice. Set the geometry up so it should steer a bit better. I'll know on monday when I actually receive my roller rockers and the engine runs again. :-P
  18. mhornfeck72205

Engine used to hit 7500, sat for the winter, now just revs 4500~.

rain cancelled the riding for the video but I got my new clutch from bmi. Ordered a max torque clutch and a 15t sprocket for a max torque clutch. guess theyre different because the two arent interchangable. I had to grind off all those tabs where the lock ring holds the sprocket on and then...
  19. mhornfeck72205

1.3. Ordered them last night actually. looking forward to riding the kart again. :-) What length pushrods should I use with them? I ordered a kit for self assembly so I can cut to whatever I want.
  20. mhornfeck72205

ill be buying from you tomorrow. picking up my raceseng rollers from nrracing. :-)