Not sure what kind of kart, but I went to town with it..

Well heres my current project which will be done with a few more modifications.

I bought the frame off of a friend for $50. all it had was the steering assembly.

I had planned on using a gx390, so the engine plate had to be moved up a level, and right about 7" to fit space for the clutch/sprocket/disc brakes.

Then after everything was repaired, freed up, replaced the front bent frame piece, base coat of black, etc etc...

Rode it around for a bit and it was WAY loud with this pipe.. I put a baffled propane can on the end and now it sounds much softer, with the same amount of power as before.

I needed new front tires because the stock harbor freight ones are pure garbage.. they bend and dont grip at all..

And now the paintjob. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Ill be removing the seat and replacing it with a cushioned toro mower seat to hopefully dampen the vibrations. I had to also mount extra pipe to the direct bottom center of the engine plate to keep it from shaking so much.

C9H13NO3

Well heres my current project which will be done with a few more modifications.

I bought the frame off of a friend for $50. all it had was the steering assembly.

I had planned on using a gx390, so the engine plate had to be moved up a level, and right about 7" to fit space for the clutch/sprocket/disc brakes.

Then after everything was repaired, freed up, replaced the front bent frame piece, base coat of black, etc etc...

Rode it around for a bit and it was WAY loud with this pipe.. I put a baffled propane can on the end and now it sounds much softer, with the same amount of power as before.

I needed new front tires because the stock harbor freight ones are pure garbage.. they bend and dont grip at all..

And now the paintjob. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Ill be removing the seat and replacing it with a cushioned toro mower seat to hopefully dampen the vibrations. I had to also mount extra pipe to the direct bottom center of the engine plate to keep it from shaking so much.
NICE! Very clean. Might want to add a jackshaft or a TAV since those tires look pretty big.

--Is the clutch supposed to be that way or did you have it off?

The last pic shows the clutch bolt in place. :) it isnt a full bore clutch, it just sits at the end. Ill be buying a better clutch to mount the load inboard.

About the tav.. I was thinking about it, but really, the thing pulls hard running a 6:1 ratio. Eventually, yes ill buy one, but billet flywheel has gained priority now, along with 55lb springs. I'd probably have to buy a tav 40 series to get by with whats in this motor..

any more info on the kart? I'd love to see it stock. :)

anyone know what would cause a violent steering wobble at 15mph+? The steering goes from maximum left to maximum right about 5 times a second and causes a complete loss of control. this happened when I installed larger wheels..

The taller rear wheels can change the caster of the front spindle. If you look at the manco carts that run the large rear tires, thy still sit fairly level and do not have the tale that you cart does.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

figured it out. the keyway in the rear right tire came out and for whatever reason, it was wobbling and affecting steering.

Just dropped a few new mod parts in.

4deg. flywheel key
proper guide plate for pushrods
thinner head gasket
fuel pump
and what I thought I ordered, a 32mm round slide mikuni kit with manifold.

I received a 34mm flat slide mikuni with manifold + pulse fitting and my god is it huge. it woke up the engine a ton, and it can cold start so much easier than the stock carb. I gotta tune it still, but the settings out of the box were good to start with.

so my friend went to his girlfriends house today and the next door neighbor was throwing this out... SAME KART!!!! Has a cracked gas tank but otherwise runs. His doesnt have a 390 in it though. :)

Anyone ID it with the rollcage on and stock tires?

Also, update on the trailer tires... They worked fantastic to correct the handling issue. I had so much fun with them that when I was coming down my hill, going about 45, I managed to snap both the rocker posts out and bent a pushrod... never heard such a worse engine noise ever before.. a huge crack sound, and a quickly decelerating whirrrrrr sound. Ill be replacing them with raceseng roller rockers and ill also be picking up my billet flywheel some time within the next two weeks. Its been an eventful april so far.. :hammer::eek:ut::censure:
opened the valve cover and found this:

1.3. Ordered them last night actually. looking forward to riding the kart again. :)

What length pushrods should I use with them? I ordered a kit for self assembly so I can cut to whatever I want.

1.3. Ordered them last night actually. looking forward to riding the kart again. :)

What length pushrods should I use with them? I ordered a kit for self assembly so I can cut to whatever I want.
:thumbsup: Yeah the 1.3's seem to be the most popular ratio that we sell. Now as far as your push rod length, our Rev Rockers have a push rod adjuster screw to compensate for you desired push rod length. what will be a greater factor in choosing your required push rod length is dependent more on things like if you have milled the head and or block, are using a thicker or thinner head gasket, different valves, a valve job, or a different cam can all affect what your optimal push rod length would be.