Search results

1. MTchevy1

New kart

Hey guys, just picked up a pretty cool old kart and I have no idea what it is. Maybe someone can help? It’s small- looks to be meant for kids. The disc brake appears to have been added at some point. Motor is a lot newer than the kart, so that doesn’t really help ID it.
  2. MTchevy1

WTB Briggs 8hp flat head parts

Looking for a fuel tank, air cleaner assembly, and muffler for a long block I picked up. Let me know what you've got- thanks!
  3. MTchevy1

ID this motor?

One of my friends just saved this bike from the scrapper, and I'm trying to identify the motor on it. The only marking I can see on the crank case says ND. It has a Keihin carb. Here are a few pics I took:
  4. MTchevy1

Ruttman Vulture rebuild

I've had this minibike sitting in my garage (in pieces) for about 20 years now, and I have never seen it run. There's kind of a cool story behind it, though, so I decided to finally get it going. My dad grew up in the minibike golden age and had an Aggie 97, which I now own. This Ruttman...
  5. MTchevy1

Found some old pics of my Aggie 97, thought I'd share

My mom was recently going through some really old pictures, and found these of my dad that were given to her by my grandmother. Not the highest quality because they're pictures of pictures, but I will scan them later. This bike was bought new for my dad, then given to a cousin when my dad...
  6. MTchevy1

Another Aggie 97 back on the road

I grew up riding an Aggie 97, so I have a thing for them. When this frame turned up on ebay and was only 30 or so miles away I couldn't pass it up. Thanks to a few members on this site (and the OldMiniBikes store), I was able to piece the whole bike together. It's just mocked up right now as I have a...
  7. MTchevy1

Picked up another, not sure what it is

I've always wanted a big tire bike, so I plan on chopping this one up to make it happen. I just want to make sure it's nothing valuable before I put it under the knife :grind: I'm sure someone here will recognize it-
  8. MTchevy1

OldMiniBikes product question

I'm looking at the throttles and have a question about one that maybe someone can help me with. Looking at these and wondering if the chrome part is plastic or metal. The description says "metal adjuster", but I don't know if that means the whole assembly is metal or just the actual...
  9. MTchevy1

Trike in WI for $600

Not sure if this is still available as it's a few days old, but figured I'd post it anyway just in case someone's looking for one and he still has it. Vintage Trike/ Sport Cycle ? For Sale! Vintage 70's Trike. 11 Horsepower Briggs Motor. Forward & Reverse Gear Box. Runs Great!! Must...
  10. MTchevy1

Carlisle Turf-Savers, 18x8.50 8" rim

I have 3 of these tires, all new, that I've been moving around the garage for years. They are 18" diameter, 8.5" width, and fit an 8" rim. They're too big for my minibikes and too small for my go karts, so there's no reason to keep hoarding them. Maybe someone here can use them on theirs, or...
  11. MTchevy1

1967 Briggs 3 horse

I posted this a few days ago, and for some reason I remembered it being a 3.5 horse and posted it as such. Instead of updating that thread with pics, I'll just let it die. I have a 67 briggs 3 horse that has compression but no spark, so I'm assuming the points are stuck. It needs an air...
  12. MTchevy1

67 briggs 3.5, briggs flathead header, Carlisle 18x8's

I'll shoot some pics tomorrow of all this stuff. First is a briggs 3.5 horse that I believe to be a 1967 model, as those are the first 2 digits of one of the sets of numbers on the shroud. It's missing the air cleaner and muffler, but the updraft carb is there. It's got good compression...
  13. MTchevy1

"Low speed tire" ok for a minibike?

I have some diamond tread tires from a snow blower that are in really good shape and are the size I need for one of my minis, but they say on the sidewall "low speed tire". Will these be ok for a mini that may see 35mph at the most? I would assume all of these 4.10 3.50x6 are for low speeds...
  14. MTchevy1

WTB a few KOL/Aggie parts

Looking for original clutch cover, kickstand, and fenders from an Aggie. Might also be interested in anything else from an Aggie, never hurts to have spare parts. Thanks!
  15. MTchevy1

External differences between 4 and 5 horse briggs?

I know there's a similar thread about 4hp vs 5hp motors, but I have a different question and didn't want to hijack his. I'm restoring a bike that originally came with a 4 horse, and I have a good running 5 horse sitting in the garage. How do these motors differ in appearance? Anything really...
  16. MTchevy1

A gift for my fellow Aggie 97 owners

I was at my mother's house going through some old totes of stuff in the crawl space, and I came across this... the original owners manual for my Aggie 97. I knew I had it somewhere, just could not remember where I stashed it. Somehow my dad managed to save it for 30 years, and we found it with...
  17. MTchevy1

Anyone have a Ruttman Vulture parts diagram?

I'm starting on a project soon and trying to figure out what parts I'm missing and need to buy. Anything would help, even if it's a different model Ruttman. Thanks in advance- Mark
  18. MTchevy1

Another local find

Man, these are addicting! Anybody recognize it? Looks like the motor plate may have been added. Has a pretty cool kickstand!
  19. MTchevy1

Anyone got an Aggie with the chrome decal intact?

My uncle owns a print shop and I'm looking into getting the decal reproduced. I need close-up pics that show the details, especially on the race car. Doesn't matter if the decal is damaged, I've got a graphic designer buddy that can touch it up. Anything helps. Thanks!
  20. MTchevy1

I hate to pass up this super bronc, but the timing's just not right for me.

Like I said, it hurts to pass this one up but it's just not practical for me at the moment. Hopefully one of you guys can bring it into our community here. Looks all original and in pretty decent shape. Super Bronc Mini bike Super Bronc big Wheel Mini Bike asking 300.00 Call 574-398-0329...