Search results

1. X

gx160 valve will not come out of head

I have a 14cc gx160 head but for some reason the inlet valve will not come out of the head. Is this normal on them head? I have a gx200 head and all was fine with that one. Thanks in advanced Xtreme_Karts
  2. X

What timing do i use?

I have a genuine honda gx200 and have the Long billet rod 3.313 (.10inch longer) and was wandering if i still use the 8 degree advance? Or would this be less due to the size of the rod? On one of the engine i will be using a honda aluminium flywheel so i take it that would need a 4 degree...
  3. X

HONDA GX200 HEAD how much should be milled?

I have a genuine honda gx200 cylinder head, how much should be shaved off it to bring it down to a 14cc gx160 head? If i wanted to do one better than a 14cc whats the best amount to be shaved? bearing in mind i am running a Long billet rod 3.313 (.10inch longer) Its still got the standard...
  4. X

Mikuni CHOKE LEVER QUESTION

A vm22 mikuni with a black rubber choke lever on the side if flick down is the choke on or choke off? Sorry seem to have different answers off different people so i need someone to truthfully clear this up for me. As im very confused as my engine will only run with the black lever (not...
  5. X

Mikuni will not ideal NEED HELP !!!!

I just put my engine together with a vm22 mikuni with a high flow exhaust Pilot jet 12.5 main jet 120 air screw 2.5 turns out (also tried 1 and 1.5 turns out) Will run with choke on (at high revs, not sure if thats normal) but the minute you flick the choke off it just dies even with...
  6. X

MIKUNI Pilot jet

What pilot jet are people using in there VM22? Some people use a 12.5 and other swear by the 17.5 i know the standard is 15. So is it best to up the pilot or down it. Opinions would be appreciated
  7. X

Mikuni VM22 Questions

bit of a random question, but i used to have a vm22 carb on gx200 engine. i could'nt get the engine to run without the choke on, is this common on these carb or have i got an air leek somewhere? Any help would be appreciated Xtreme-Karts
  8. X

gx390 carb

do anyone know the bore size is on gx390 carb? also the mounting holes (centre to centre) thanks in advance Xtreme_karts
  9. X

Gx140 emulsion tube

Can any one please tell me how many holes a gx140 emulsion tube is it 8 medium holes, 4 small holes and 2 large holes at the very end? THANKS IN ADVANCE
  10. X

Gx390 Carb on gx200

Has anyone else used a gx390 carb on a gx200 with mild mods? If so do it require any jetting change or emulsion tube changed like the gx200 carb? I did install a mikuni vm26 but could'nt get it tuned to the engine i was thinking the gx390 carb might be the better option. Feedback on...
  11. X

Will this cam work?

Hi there, I have just purchased a few different parts from affordable gokarts but im not sure if this cam would be ok on a stock carb.... affordablegokarts: Cam, Custom Ground .265" Lift, Modified As the duration is longer on the intake The engine seem very sluggish and underpowered...
  12. X

Which pilot jet i need

I have a mikuni carb on a honda gx200 engine, But need a bigger pilot jet. Which one do i require is it a VM28/213 or a VM28/486 only difference is one has a 1.9mm bleed tube other one has a 2.2mm. With out taking the carb and engine off i just thought i would ask you guys first. Thanks...
  13. X

Vm26 Gx200 Jet needle adjustment????

Do anyone adjust the jet needle on there carbs? I have currently got it set in the middle but didnt know it made any different if i moved it? Any knowledge would be appreciated Scott
  14. X

Mikuni VM Questions

Hi there, Can someone tell me what the pilot jet affects? i take it its the rev range but is it just idle if not to how revs do it affect? Also what set up of jets are people using.. Pilot No. Main Jet Air turns outs etc Any help with this would be appreciated. Im getting very...
  15. X

What Other Mods Can I Do?

I have the current mods to my Honda Gx200 and was thinking about different ideas to increase hp? Do you guys think the current mods are worth while or better to go back to stock? Im open to any suggestions and feedback... The current mods on the engine are as follows... Every other fan...