Search results

1. 4

By chance was this an American leisure mini bike?

I been searching hundreds of vintage minibike catalogs trying to identify my frame. However, the only front end fork that comes close to what I have was an American Leisure falcon. The frame also incorporates the type of brake that scrapes against the rear tire when the brake lever is deployed...
  2. 4

Briggs 6hp Intek 190 was staring at me....

By chance did you happen to take a picture of your final custom throttle plate conversion with the cable? If so, can you send a picture of the final configuration of your 6 horse throttle conversion on the engine?
  3. 4

Boonie-Bike Frame Color

Studeman68: I was wondering if you could do me a big favor. I noticed your Bonnie bike has a clutch cover decal which looks beautiful. Could you do me a favor and send me a close up picture of just the clutch cover decal in the highest resolution possible. Preferably on TIF format. I have a...
  4. 4

Mini bike decals

I am in need of the artwork/design of the primary clutch cover for a Heathkit boonie bike. I know someone that will make the decal if I can get a high resolution (1200 ppi) in a tif format picture. If someone can take a picture of just th clutch guard, I would really appreciate it. I know that I...
  5. 4

Anyone build a kickstand?

Thank you so much for your assistance. I was able to purchase a steel roll pin and inserted it in my kickstand and then make it operational. It now works as good as new. Afterwards, I was cleaning up the area under my vise, and low and behold, I found the rusty original steel roll pin that must...
  6. 4

Thanks for the information. I sort of follow you. Yes there are indents in the rotating shaft of the stand and if I follow you, I am thinking the cover acts like a spring by holding a roll pin in the indents. Is this what gives it the resistance as you rotate the kickstand lever? And the...
  7. 4

Boonie bike kickstand help Hi everyone, I recently found my original Boonie bike kickstand. It was very rushed and frozen solid. I managed to get the cover/shroud off of it. I sand blasted it and painted it. The problem that I have is that it doesn't lock in either the upright or down position...
  8. Booniebike kickstand cover

Booniebike kickstand cover

9. Boonie bike kickstand view 2

Boonie bike kickstand view 2

10. Boonie bike kickstand

Boonie bike kickstand

11. 4

Heathkit 2 speed Transmission sprocket Problem

What bushing material? I took a look at the McMaster Carr web site and they have a great deal of bushings to choose from. Does anyone have an opinion if I should use an oil lite or bronze or brass bushing insert for the sprocket bushing within the two speed transmission on the Heathkit boonie...
  12. 4

I realize that it would not be that hard to remove the bushing and replace it, but the real question is where do I get a brass or bronze bushing for the sprocket? What material, what size in OD? thanks again
  13. 4

Finally getting back to my Boonie Bike project. My current challenge is that the inner sleave on the 14 tooth sprocket on the boonie bike (low speed) transmission section is worn out on one side. I don't know if I can find a replacement (comet) part for this. I have the transmission repair kit...
  14. Low speed sprocket - Picture #2

Low speed sprocket - Picture #2

Low speed 14 tooth spocket on heathkit boonie bike
  15. Low speed Jack shaft 14 tooth sprocket

Low speed Jack shaft 14 tooth sprocket

Inner sleeve on a Heathkit boonie bike two speed transmission - Low speed transmission component
  16. 4

Drilling & Tapping Crankshaft made easy

I would also be interrested in your guide. What size tap to you recommend for 3/4 inch shaftt?
  17. 4

Drilling & Tapping Crankshaft made easy

I would also be interrested in your guide. What size tap to you recommend for 3/4 inch shaftt?
  18. 4

Need advice about my boonie bike project

I really could use some pictures so that I can things right ono the jack shaft. In regards to the clutch, is there anything special? I am going to contact BMI and see if they are willing to take the clutch back, especially if I am going to buy another one and some other things. In regards to the...
  19. 4

Thanks for all of your feedback. With my BMI double sprocket clutch, what do you rely on to keep the clutch on the shaft. My old comet clutch had set screws that screw into the keya dn the shaft. The new BMI clutch doesn't have any such set screws. Is there suppose to be a bolt and spring washer...
  20. 4

By the way, nice mini bike pictures. I was wondering, if I could just use the double sprocket clutch, but only use one of the sprockets. Do you see any problem with that? Do you have any sources for the rear brake drum pads?