Search results

1. alexp

Bent Pushrods

Hey guys its been a while since i posted up hear. Ive been at school for to long. My dads been trying to get me to fix his generator. At first it looked like a broken push rod so i replaced it with a new one. A few days later he said it stopped working so i took the valve cover off and the...
  2. alexp

History of OldMiniBikes???

Just curious what brought this site about and when lol? any input? Thanks!
  3. alexp

profile picture

I go to user cp to make a profile picture for my self. I have the image small enough so that it will upload. The file uploads fine and when im done it shows it as my profile picture but when i go to one of my posts there is still no picture under my name. am i missing something here? thanks...
  4. alexp

Built-from-Scratch Minibike 2!!

Okay well i just started my curvy mini bike about a week ago. Im using 1/2in round stock and 1/4in plate. Im having a little trouble welding the thick steel but i already have a post on that lol. Well i got alot done today ill post all my pictures of it in a min. Im using a homemade roll...
  5. alexp

Picture space

I realized that im running out of room to upload pictures to the site. What can i do about this? any answers greatly appriciated. :thumbsup:
  6. alexp

Tips for welding thick steel

Im trying to weld some 1/2 in round bar for a (secret) project that im working on lol. My welder can do up to 5/16in and i feel like im not getting good weld penetration and its just kinda sitting on top of the bar. Any tips would be greatly appriciated :thumbsup:
  7. alexp

7ft tall bike!!

Well i put up a thread probably about 6 months ago of my red tall bike that was about 5ft tall to the top of the seat. I added an extra bike so it 3 bike frames on top of each other. And this one is 7ft to the top!! Heres some pics of the project. It still has to be painted. If you can tell...
  8. alexp

Homemade roll tubing bender!

I needed a roll tubing bender for the new bike im (hopefully) starting. I want the bike to be curvy so i knew i needed a bender. Harbor freight sells one for like $150 but i dont have the money to spend so i figured id make my own. so far it only cost like 7 buck to make and the results are...
  9. alexp

Reasons for speed wobble

I got into and accident on my bike yesterday and got pretty banged up. Im just thankful that im relatively okay, accept for some road rash and a sprained ankle. I was only going about 30-35. It was my second run down my road. It happened just after i put my head down a little bit. Any reason...
  10. alexp

New Cam

Im looking to get a 94-ss cam for my flathead. do i absolutely have to get new valves to achieve proper lash or can i keep my old ones? I know i need new springs and probably billet lifters. thanks for any help :thumbsup:
  11. alexp

Is this carb worth buying?

I have a briggs 5hp now with the original pulsa jet carb. If i ever plan to upgrade i would have this ready to be put on. What do you guys think? HL 368A tillotson carb and manifold kart racing: eBay Motors (item 150497381696 end time Sep-29-10 21:04:05 PDT)
  12. alexp

Should I Buy It?

Theres a 5hp briggs on craigslist for $35 but it has a blown rod. I have an extra 5hp rod at home already. Do you guys think the crank will be scarred or bent or something like that. Thanks for any help :thumbsup:
  13. alexp

Crankshaft Question?

Alright guys ill try to explain this as best i can. I need a clutch for my briggs 5hp but the problem is it has a 1in shaft. The clutch is going to cost me $119 but a clutch for a 3/4in shaft is only $29!!! Is there any way i can take my crank to a machine shop and have them turn it down to...
  14. alexp

How Do You Like My Bike?

Here is my second tall bike i made about a year ago. The seat height is about 5ft. I was planning on building a taller one but im building a mini bike now so it been put on hold. I built it by welding two bike frames together. Its pretty easy to get on, for me at least, and it rides real...
  15. alexp

Can You Believe I Drove This?

I built this about 2 years ago and it was before I could weld or know what i was doing really. Its half snowblower and half lawnmower. With some angle iron thrown in. It has a wooden brake :lol: and i could go about 25mph. Surprised i never killed myself.
  16. alexp

5hp briggs with 1" shaft?

Why would a 5hp birggs have a 1" shaft on it? Im putting it on my mini bike and i know the clutch is going to cost around $100. But im just wondering why. Thanks for any replies.
  17. alexp

My Built-from-Scratch Minibike

Im 17 years old and I just started my second mini bike last 3 days ago. The first one failed and was terribly complicated. So i went back to the drawing board and drew a scale drawing. I tried to include a picture of my drawing but im new here so im not sure if it worked. I ordered most of...
  18. alexp

Flux core or gas

I currently have a mig welder that uses flux core wire. But i am thinking of switching over to gas. The only problem is that I weld outside and am not sure if it is a good idea. Should i switch or is it not that much different. Thanks for any input.