Search results

1. colsanders

Small engine repair manual?

Does anyone know of a good book on small engine repair? Im looking for a general book on rebuilding an engine, carbs, etc. I am trying to figure out how to hook up throttles from a snowblower motor to a mini bike, and other things. thanks for the help!
  2. colsanders

Repair manual?

Hello there! I have been on this website for a while but havent really posted much. I was wondering if you knew of a good manual for working on small engines in general. For a mini bike to riding mowers? I am now starting to have more time to tinker with my mini. It needs the carb rebuilt...
  3. colsanders

Newb Question, Clutch

Before i had bought the car from my friend, he had done that, than moved so i couldn't get the normal hood. I rented a gear puller from my work(O'Reilly), and with PB Blaster, it came right off. It was the mid sized puller. And yes, when I cleaned the carb, there was like little blobs...
  4. colsanders

Newb Question, Clutch

I had no problem taking the old bolt out. Tomorrow, I can pick up my new clutch from work, and a new chain from the lawn and garden store. MY question now, is that I think my gas tank might have crud in it. I cleaned the carb the other night, and the motor ran fine. Today when i pulled the...
  5. colsanders

Newb Question, Clutch

When i took the chain off, i sprayed penetrating oil on like crazy, than had to chisel the master link off. I'm going to go spray more pb on the clutch and try the puller again!
  6. colsanders

Newb Question, Clutch

Hello All! Last fall, I had picked up a neglected mini-bike from a very anti-social person. I got it running (tecumseh h35), and drove it around like crazy last fall. During the winter, I left it outside accidently. I have just had the first time since spring to work on it (school, wedding...
  7. colsanders

engine id please

THank you, i couldnt find any information on the actual motor.
  8. colsanders

Lets see your Tattoos

i got more, but cant find any pics of them right now
  9. colsanders

engine id please

Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of engine this is. My freind who i got it from, says its an 8hp Briggs and Stratton, but isnt sure. He said he rebuilt it years ago, and never started it. Any help is appreciated. Thank you colsanders and a random pic of my mini-bike
  10. colsanders

Lighting?

Are there aftermarket parts that can be used with the existing motor? Or would making my own headlight with batteries be a less expensive alternative.
  11. colsanders

Lighting?

Hello! I am wondering on how you guys hook up headlights on your minibikes if you have them. I am thinking of putting a light on mine, but am not sure how to go about doing it. I was wondering if there is an electrical generator to put on there, or how it is done without a battery. Any...
  12. colsanders

New float?

thanks guys! I had found a new plastic one at a local small engine shop, and now my mini bike runs good!
  13. colsanders

Couple of newb questions.

Hello there! First off, ive been trying to figure out what a jackshaft is for. My minibike does not have them, but i see a bunch that do. So my question is, what is it for? And secondly, I am having a problem with my mini bike. I got it running, and it runs well, but the chain will pop off...
  14. colsanders

New member from Minnesota

Got the bike running tonite!!!!1 I have to say, its really slow on the grass, but on the road, it goes decently. It Needs a little more fine tuning, but is running good! I hope to make a build thread soon, as i am going to tear it all down, find different forks/handlebars, and paint the frame...
  15. colsanders

well, got it running for a little bit tonite!!! That is, until teh engine was crazily flooding, and we found out it has a bad float. so tommoro im on the hunt for a new float, than put it all back together, air up the tires, and have fun!
  16. colsanders

New float?

Hello! I have a h35 on my mini bike, and got it fires up today for the first time. The only problem is that now that it runs, it was flooding really really badly. So we drained all the gas, and found out the float had gas in it. Does anyone have the part number for the float? Im gonna try...
  17. colsanders

Does anyone have a good resource for handlebars? Or other items? I got my carb kit in today! My ex gfs dad(im like a son to him), is going to be helping me rebuild the carb tommoro night, and hopefully be ripping around the block tommorow! Than over the winter, i mgiht tear it all apart, and...
  18. colsanders

Hello from Minnesota

Welcome! Another minnesotan!
  19. colsanders

Anyone know good resources online for small engine repair? Or know where i can buy parts to fix up the teceumseh? Or have any info on my engine?
  20. colsanders

Hello all! My name is leo and im from the great white north of MN. I have been on this site now for about a week, and just picked up a mini bike today. Im not sure the make or model, but it has a 3.5 hp tecumseh. About a month and a half ago i came home from a deployment in iraq, and my uncle...