Search results

1. D

Tav-belt slap

I put a TAV-2 30 on my Doodlebug. I run a HF 200 on it and at modest RPMs I get a slap from my drive belt bumping the cover. At more RPMs it runs good but, under some conditions it slaps. Sounds like a motor boat. Rub marks on the inside of the belt cover are at the mid point between the...
  2. D

DB30 212/tav Build Help

Well did I underestamate this job! It's no major monstrosity but all the little extras that crop up. Right now I am looking at the footpegs being too short and what solution to use. Is there a bolt on substitute footpeg that's out there or must I customise? Any do's and don'ts? Let's see some...
  3. D

Baja "New" gas cap?

Several months back I got a recall letter from Baja telling me the gas cap on my DB30 had been recalled. I didn't have to worry because after it had come off several times while riding and comming apart it had been lost on the trail for some time! I called Baja and real fast they sent me the...
  4. D

New style DB30 clutch question

I was just to the Monster Scooter site and saw a item-an 11 tooth DB30 clutch. Now the last I checked DB30 run 12 tooth clutch. It would not be the first time that Monster Scooter had parts that are suppost to be for the DB30 that were not right. So new DB 30 owners how many teeth on your clutch???
  5. D

97CC Throttle plate clean up

I had someone ask me about an air box for the 97cc series engines and I told him not yet but that I would post about a quickie home craftsman mod to the carb that would help. This is the plate before: Note way behind the plate how small the venturi is and that the cheese head screw, washer...
  6. D

Valves from 97cc motor

I need a set of DB30 valves that I can make valve seat undercut tools out of.
  7. D

Clutch issues

There has been quite a bit of complaints on the clutch as of late. Some clear up on getting the idle speed right -this type of problem involves the clutch engaugment. Others have a different issue it is the clutch bushing seizing-it happens in the cold and after a half hour of running. If the...
  8. D

Flat head axial clearence

So i'm working on the G100 clone in the DB30 and I would like to ask what would be a normal axial clearence for the intake valve? The valve head is about 1 inch it lifts less than .2 my max rpm would be 5400 anyone know what kind of number I should try and not get smaller than?
  9. D

DB30 carb info on Baja site

If anyone navigates to Baja Motorsports home page in the right lower corner is a link to supplimental carb information. http://www.bajamotorsports.com/documents/DB30_QuickStart_Guide.pdf. Seems they are reacting to backwards choke lables and poor idle and even the throttle stop screw. Don't...
  10. D

Intake Velocity Stack.

After seeing what an improvement the exhaust header was on my 97cc project I was wondering about intake velocity stacking. What kind of length do people use on things like the 200 clone with the stock cam timming and/or any small single cylinder with turning speeds of 3600 to 5400? And yes I...
  11. D

DB30 Clones

I know of Moose, Rivet, Badger100 and old style Doodlebugs (Baja) are there others?
  12. D

Adjusting the Governor Speed

This is a drawing of the governor mechanisum that the makers of the Doodle Bug motor (DB30) copied Note that the spring that runs between the two linkages has 3 holes on the left shaft and two holes on the right that it can be put in thereby giving a total of 6 different settings that it...
  13. D

Project DB30

I am working on a project to create a OHV DB30 that is made mostly of the stock stuff. The stock motor should be easly converted to a 4.5 HP stage one motor but for two items first of which is the rod. Milling the head to a simple 8 to 1 might break the rod so I looked for the replacement. On...
  14. D

Carb Adjustment needs clarification

I sent a PM to Cudaman to comment on this diagram. I think that the adjustment he was refering to is actualy item #30 If so this is the pilot jet. The jet is adjustable only by replacing it with a different size jet. Unseating it would alter it's running condition. The old adjust screw is the...
  15. D

Yamamoto Rods???

I was looking at rods and came across some for the G100 that were not sold as OEM. So I asked about their origin and was told they are made by Yamamoto in China. Any one know about these? China dosen't inspire confidence I'll tell you. And If I had a Honda OEM and a clone side by side is there...
  16. D

G100-G100 Clone

I'm looking at building on my Hensim 97cc which is a clone of the Honda G100 (esp. the 52mm bore ones!). I know that the Honda rod will fit right in but is it a better rod? Same question on the flywheel? After I polish and peen the rod and ballence the wheel I'm not looking to build it...
  17. D

Compression readings

I have a DB30 and I took a compression test today but don't know what the PSI reading should be on the little motor. I'm turning it over with the pull cord hot but what the PSI reading should be under shuch conditions is the question. I assume a 6.5 to 1 is the ratio but that's the ratio--- and...
  18. D

One way Jackshaft Bearing

I've been looking into one way bearings for a jackshaft and can only get close to what I'd like. A inside/outside keyway that is 16mm or 5/8th inside diameter is what I'd like-there are 15mms and 17mm but so for I can't find a source for a 16mm or 5/8ths. Has anyone sourced such a bearing?? Love...
  19. D

Front Shocks for the DB30

I just got my front shocks tacked in and am testing and debugging here's the before and after shots. Got the things just tacked in for now after testing and debugging I'll install the front brake mount.
  20. D

Rear Tire Valve Stem

I sure some of you all did something to solve the make ya wanna kick it in the muffler-hard as do-do to access rear tire valve stem. Let's see some photos----I gotta welder and I ain't afraid to use it.