Search results

1. G

Wards T555 frame???

I'm pretty sure it is a wards t555. The tracks idea would be cool I've wanted to try it for awhile. Or mayb it would be cool to make it one of those big wheel drifters.
  2. G

tri scat frame repair

Looking good! I like the handle bars if you extend it that much you might have problems finding brake cables long enough. That's where I'm at. Anyone know how I can get rid of some of my pics so I can add more new ones? I was going to add more pics to this tread but can't figure it out.
  3. G

tri scat frame repair

Thanks. Ya they seem short from the factory. I tacked it up factory length and sat in it and decided to lengthen it 3" to make it more comfortable. If you do make yours longer put slugs in it a few inches long at each connection point for strength.
  4. G

tri scat frame repair

5. G

tri scat frame repair

I traded a small Manco go cart for this a few months ago. The frame was extended 8" but whoever did it I'm guessing didn't really care how it looked :doah:. I didn't like it so here we go.:hammer: I cut out the crap and bent a new piece of Dom pipe and slugged it. I left it 3" longer than...
  6. G

Brute-Cycle made by Lakes Sports, Fairmont Minnesota restoration

Someone has one of these for sale on Craigslist right now in sandwich IL. Its under the chicago area. Nice work on the resto!
  7. G

Sperry Rand Tri-Cart basket case find..

Nice score! Was it local?
  8. G

picked this up for $40

Ill let ya know if i ever wanna let it go. Any pics of your collection?
  9. G

picked this up for $40

I got it from an old man in utica by the golf course. It was only on cl for an hr before i called and said id be right there to get it. Sorry i dont really want to get rid of it.
  10. G

picked this up for $40

I'm finally starting to order some parts for this thing. So far i got a new 20 tooth jack shaft sprocket a cheepo ebay clutch and a new brake cable. Does anyone know what carb rebuild kit i need? It looks like the OldMiniBikes warehouse has a few different ones and im not sure what one to get.
  11. G

gokart makes a loud pops at take off

If the Chain is too loose you may need to remove a link. But it looks like it would be to short then. Maybe replace a link with a half link? I don't think that's your pop sound tho.
  12. G

picked this up for $40

Yeah I figured it's made it this far why change it. I like original. I'm gonna build one from scratch and I can make it how I want.
  13. G

picked this up for $40

I finally got the little 2.5 running good. The carb was all jacked up. I had it going shortly after I got it but it wouldn't idle. The throttle shaft was worn so bad it would only run with my hand fully covering the carb. :ohmy: so I took it apart and had my brother drill out the holes to true...
  14. G

can you ID this kart?

Mine isn't exactly the same but it's close.
  15. G

can you ID this kart?

It is a manco I have the same one. I can't remember what model it is. I repainted mine and had to sleeve the frame because it was broken by the seat. Someone booger welded threaded rod and anything goes else they could find to fix it so I cut it all off and redid it. Nice little cart for kids...
  16. G

brothers $30 buy

The Briggs seems to run good so were probably not ganna change it out now. But I know what ya mean about unreliable I had the same engine on a ward's trike and always had carb problems. Never did get it running right. His seems to pull hard when ya get on it and It already has a lighting coil on...
  17. G

brothers $30 buy

It's fun to ride. I think were ganna build a small trailer for it and use it to go camping. It runs good after cleaning the carb bowl. He got it from some old lady who just wanted it gone.
  18. G

brothers $30 buy

It has an 8hp Briggs and a torque converter setup. I think its made by manco. Kinda cool but top heavy. He has the rack for it but we have to weld it back together.
  19. G

picked this up for $40

That's awesome we solved the mystery of the gas tank. My stripe is crooked on the front fender so it may have been something you could put on if you wanted but didn't come on it. My brother's superscat has the stripe too.
  20. G

picked this up for $40

That's awesome! Thank you for all the info. Just got done cleaning the carb now I gatta stop at the lawnmower shop in town and get new gaskets then she will run again. Where can I get a replacement brake cable?