Search results

1. offroadwhatever8

can it handle it?

I just got one of these. Looking to upgrade from the 5 hp briggs. Im on my 3rd 5hp briggs on the same bike with in 2 years. I just want to know can this motor handle higher rpms good? Im worried about throwin a rod at about 5,000 rpm Its a tehcumseh 5.5 hp
  2. offroadwhatever8

Cat Rebuild

I finally got to bringing my cat back to life. Its been sitting for awhile. More then a year. I got a brand new rear sprocket (70 tooth), new clutch, new chain, new rear tire, and new tube that still have to be put on but I got them already to go. This use to have a 3hp briggs but that thing got...
  3. offroadwhatever8

4" rear rim

I bought 2 wheels idenicle to the ones harbor freight sell's. Is there any sprockets i can buy that will just bolt right up to the hubs on these? I know ill have to add longer bolts and spacers. But what I'm asking is, is there any sprockets with the same bolt pattern as the hub on one of these...
  4. offroadwhatever8

My racer

Lawn mower racing? Yes it is my sport i have been into the last year. I have been in multiple races all over the US. From PA, TN, OH, CT, MD etc. Im am now building a new mower for a faster class. A 1967 Huffy "broad lawn". It will have 6" alum kart wheels all around mounted on 13" tires...
  5. offroadwhatever8

rear sproket

So its time for a new rear sprocket for my Cat 300x. It originally had a 69 tooth on the rear. But I’m going to get a 60 tooth machine able steel blank. I run 13" tires and I have a 12 tooth on my clutch. And a bone stock ungoverned 5 hp Briggs. Will the 60 tooth be to much of a drop from...
  6. offroadwhatever8

What kind of mini is this?

Any one know what this is? thanks
  7. offroadwhatever8

It still has two wheels. But not a mini bike

Look what i got for free :thefinger: i just need some carb parts but other then that i took it apart and got to work on it. I woulda paid to have this thing but i got it for free. 1990 xr Honda 80. John
  8. offroadwhatever8

PALMRA Mower Race

check it out, Ill built a new race mower and took 3rd. I was having belt issues in the Heat race, And slight carb issies. Im over all very pleased with the new machine. Tell ya what, I had a blast. I had that back end sliding out comin around the corners. This was in Fawn Grove PA. First time...
  9. offroadwhatever8

Got this for free yesterday

1985 Yamaha moto4 80cc 4 speed. Have not had it runin yet. Any one know ANY THING or have had one of these? John
  10. offroadwhatever8

My home made Go Cart

check it out. I built this thing in a day and drove it the same day i built it :thefinger:
  11. offroadwhatever8

Recommended Mod’s

I got this 5 hp horizontal shaft B&S that id like to use to replace the 3hp on my CAT 300x. I’m thinking about putting a cam in it. Looking for a relatively aggressive cam but I can still run pump gas and stock carb. I also will be putting in a billet rod for obvious reasons. I’m not going to be...
  12. offroadwhatever8

Finnaly got a new motor

Got a 1994 5hp B&S for my cat 300x. I got it with a go cart for free from my neighbor. I got the cart with the motor all apart and out. Came withnew gaskets all still in there bags and a new max torqe #41 clutch. Put the motor back togeather and in the go cart. Runs great!. But its not styaing...
  13. offroadwhatever8

hydrolic brake

I was looking at a pocket bike today that was in my schools shop. Ohh and before i start. I HATE pocket bikes and id never....EVER own one. Any ways. I was looking at its brakes. These things got sweet brakes! There mini hydrolic ones! how sick is that? thatd be perfect for a mini bike. And...
  14. offroadwhatever8

An interesting project ive built

How do you guys like the chain saw bike me and my friend built in my schools welding shop :thumbsup: Not bad for 20$ eh? Go's considerably fast...about 25-30 mph. Has eough power so some one can stand on the pigs and some one can drive. Hell, We drove it to get breakfast before school started...
  15. offroadwhatever8

K5 Blazer

How do you guys like my new ride :thumbsup: Just picked her up this week. Has 350 in it with a Holley four barrel carb. The motor and trans is rebuilt Both have 20,000 miles on them. 33's all the way around. Over all its in pretty good shape. Im not crazy about the front bumper. Thats gotta...
  16. offroadwhatever8

sprocket for cat 300x

Who was it that replaced the rear sporcket on a cat with a new one? Its time for me to do mine.....Teeth are badly worn. I think GTO did, but maby it was somebody else. Not sure witch sprocket i should get. I know there isnt any brand new ones that are a direct fit, Im a good welder and all...
  17. offroadwhatever8

tires on CAT mini

Will a 13x5.00-6 tire fit on a rim that had a 4.10/3.50-6 tire? reason i ask is because thats the smallest tire that i can get at my walmart that will fit a 6" rim. The tire is going on my rear mini 300x cat mini bike rim. Any one else try this? :doah:
  18. offroadwhatever8

2.8 doodle bug motor

I've not herd much about these motors except there total crap? :out: Ive looked every where on the internet and really cant find out much about there motors besides there 2.8 hp. Are they some typ of copy off honda? or other brand? who is the make of it? anyone sell parts or try modding one of...
  19. offroadwhatever8

B&S 25 hp vtwin in a mini bike

http://www.minibikekits.com/image2/VTWIN2.MPG Mini Bikes, buy them here, mini choppers, Mini Bike Kits, Mini Bike Engines, Mini Bike Parts, mini bike. :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
  20. offroadwhatever8

CAT resurection

Well, i joined this forum along time ago, When i got my my first mini bike which was a CAT with a 3 hp 1982 B&S L head. I did a full restoration. Replaced lots of parts and had it lookin like new when it was done. I got alot....LOT use out of the bike, i rode it alot. Ride it till the motor...