Search results

1. F

Awesome clone valve failure.

I used the clone valves because I had toasted my exhaust valve the previous day when I had a wicked bail on this atv trail and cracked my header. Had to drive around 10km's home. I'm cheap and had a brand new clone sitting on my shelf. Lapped them in and thought all was well. Hahaha it wasn't...
  2. F

Awesome clone valve failure.

Stock brand new clone valve in a stock genuine 14cc head, on my modded gx160 (billet rod, flywheel, chromeoly pushrods, 274 cam, chockless bored gx200 carb, 26lb springs, airfilter and header). Happened at about 6.5k with my buddy riding it, not me, so not exactly shure how he did it (he can...
  3. F

Would you guys still use this block?? Honda GX160

Just built up my gx160 on my doodle again, and swapped blocks in the process with one without hole tapped for the low oil sensor (had the short useless crank, both genuine honda blocks). When cleaning up the block I was running I noticed these I have put maybe 100 hard hours on it...
  4. F

Adjusting idle DOWN on greyhound 6.5 clone

I've had the same problem with all the ohv's i've bought recently. Two used GX160's and two new gx200 clones. The throttle is always half open, no matter what. This is what I did. All you need to do is add another spring to the gouvernor arm,to pull it all the way back, making the throttle...
  5. F

Great Clone deal Canada

picked up two this morning at 8. They had 25. Went back at 8;20 to pick up a third, they were all gone. Sweet deal. They even come with a shoddy spark plug wrench. Bonus is the 4bolt valve cover and its all black
  6. F

Clutch Question. Why does this keep happening?

Engine shaft is straight. Its been torn down and inspected. Chain is a pos, its the 10ft china bulk crap. But would it have THIS much effect on the clutch sproket? And I will check the wheel sproket today. It is very possible i've bent it, I hit alot of stuff on trails. Thanks for the tip...
  7. F

That damage was from when it was mounted on the tec h50. The chain snapped (origional chain the db came with) and it wrapped around the sproket and jammed between the side cover and the clutch housing. It dead stopped the engine. From about 4k to a dead stop in under a second from the...
  8. F

Chain moves a little more than a half inch. Rear sproket looks the way it did when I bought it stock (used).
  9. F

I'm just wondering why this keeps happening. Using a hillard extreme duty on my slightly modded gx160. 26lb springs,billet stuff, gx390 carb.About 6k is all I take it to (bike is in my sig). The clutch is rated to 5k. Is it as simple as this. I know the hillards are pos's, but its strange. What...
  10. F

New Frame Doodle - Handlebar Bending

I'll be watching this thread closley. I need to do mine big time, they are pushed in quite a bit from all the tree's i've hit. Plus my roomate hit our house with it once, which was great. I need to do this.
  11. F

Lets see your modded out Doodlebugs.

There are some wicked bikes in this thread. Now to the opposite end of the spectrum, in all its filthy glory Is inceadibly fun and quite a handful off roading due to the bald back tire, and makes a very reliable and quick pit bike (with the 54t mounted) for when I race my volvo's...
  12. F

Idle Issue: Stock 6.5 Clone Engine (brand new). NEED HELP!

I just unplugged it on my gx160. Left the ground connected. I've flipped it numerous times and it still runs upside down until I hit the kill switch. Works for me
  13. F

Has anyone seen this carb before?

Thank you Bill. I found a few video's with the carb in it on the tube. On a 1970 sears suburban super 12 (had a HH120 iirc), and a couple Boglins from the 70's with HH150's. Ordered a rebuild kit for the carb, but am having a hard time finding one for the fuel pump. I could go throw away plastic...
  14. F

Installed K&N Air Filter, Adapter, Header, #90 Main Jet. Now what?

just hook it up to your bike like this,unplug everything on the motor, plug your kill switch wire to the coil wire (black one that runs behind the shroud, and ground the other wire from the kill switch somewhere good, excuse the mud
  15. F

all it says is MOD 3039. 35 Walbro something that starts with a P
  16. F

won't have my calipers until tomorrow. It could suck a sparrow up though. Can't even find my tape, so this is the best thing I have at the moment. On the throttle plate, the choke plate/opening is waayyy bigger. I'd guess an inch??? The Tec it came off is a farking beast too.
  17. F

Came off a Tec of unknown size (I have to write the serial numbers down), but made my HM80 look small. I'm posting it here, because its a Walbro carb with a fuel pump attached. Its just massive. There are no serial numbers or numbers of any kind, hence this thread. Its cool, just looking for a...
  18. F

GX160 throttle wtf??

Leftythenub, the throttle had no way of closing I fixed it. Kept the gouvernor in as I haven't ordered the parts,and I want to decide which motor i'll build up, this or the H50. I have to compare the gx160 to the H50 though. This is what I did incase anybody wants to know...
  19. F

GX160 throttle wtf??

Thanks guys for the help. Safteypin, when I got the motor running by pulling the gouvernor arm back to close the throttle and let it idle, it did sound like it was spinning more than 3600 when I reved it up. Reved like my un-gouverned H50. I'm just going to remove the whole gouvernor assembly...
  20. F

GX160 throttle wtf??

If I slide the metal arm, the bigger thick spring just gets tension and releases tension. It moves the throttle from fully open, to 2mm from fully open. It seems like i'm missing something. I can fix it if I re do all the rods, but why does it need it. There is no tension pulling the throttle...