Search results

1. redclayhd

Any Bicycle Enthusiasts?

Sears Spaceliner - Best I can tell, it's a 1966. The date code on the original tires was the last quarter of 1966. Those tires are on it now (and in the pic). I replaced the original tubes to make it a little more roadworthy for occasional short rides. The other bike was my grandfather's, that...
  2. redclayhd

Progress So Far.

I know all of the OldMiniBikes members have been losing sleep waiting on me to post some pics of my fine, impressive looking AND powerful "new" MM B80! Well, here it is. Picked it up for 25 or 50 dollars a few months ago. It was running - just not good enuf to pull my fat rear end! I took it all apart...
  3. redclayhd

re: Hey redclayhd, It looks like it's been a while since you've last posted...

Yes I'm still alive! Same crappy attitude! About 10 extra pounds and 2 or 3 more gray hairs! At least I'm still devilishly handsome. Grandkids are all still tricycle motors and younger except one so I have a little bit of time to be lazy about getting the small engine powered vehicles ready...
  4. redclayhd

Excitement at my house - maybe!

We're supposed to bring an old vintage dirt track car over to my house (shop) and work on it. Driver was an old timer and did real good in his day. He's deceased now. Working on the car is good enuf to make me smile. BUT, this car is supposed to go to a museum belonging to a major NASCAR driver...
  5. redclayhd

Scold me if I need it!!!

I'm not sure if this should go here or in off topic or where--- Did anyone in the South East (or elsewhere for that matter) make it to the South Eastern Cushman Assoc. meet in Perry Georgia last week? I wanted to go but just did not make it. Of course my Cushman is in 1000 pieces anyway, so I...
  6. redclayhd

Grandfather again!

Yep, I know I've been away for a while :-) I have another grandchild - a 6lb 7oz little girl. She was born about 9AM Eastern time, here in S. Georgia. She'll be another little barefoot, huntin' and fishin' redneck girl. I've got some time b4 she's big enuf to ride a minibike. I'll be busy on...
  7. redclayhd

1950s or early 60s Go Kart

Here is a bare frame of a go kart that belonged to my older brother's ex brother-in-law. He's dead now but was born about 1950, 49, 48?. I'm figuring the kart is late 50s or early 60s. All I have is the frame. When I was a kid in the later 60s, I thought it was the Koolest thing ever. The frame...
  8. redclayhd

Found some of my old parts.

We are tearing down some buildings on the farm. I had to clean out some of my old stuff. I ran across the chain guard, brake bracket and brake band for my Fimco minibike. Now I know with 100% certainty that it is a Fimco. Well, I knew it was, but now I have proof. I haven't seen these parts in...
  9. redclayhd

New Toy!

Picked up a 2000 S10 Ext. Cab Pickup today. It's clean and nice for it's age! Never wrecked and an old man (yes older than me) owned it. It's a 4cyl. automatic truck. Well it WAS a 4 cyl. auto. truck. It's missing an engine and trans as of today. It's about to be a V8 S-10. Not sure which engine...
  10. redclayhd

New Project

Here's a pic of the bike my son and I went to Florida and picked up for him a couple of weeks ago. 1993 883 Sportster. It's all there except the hand controls, front axle and some other small stuff. The engine is barely visible in the back of my truck. There are unseen boxes of parts there, too...
  11. redclayhd

My run-in stand.

***There's supposed to be a picture on here! Given my low tech ignorance, it didn't appear. I'll work on the picture some more later*** My buddy Jeff's '78 Corvette engine on my run-in stand! My run-in stand is not quite finished. I have a few things to add and then paint it. My buddy Jeff's '78...
  12. redclayhd

1979 Honda Z50R

I hope this is the correct place for this thread. I'm working on my Z50. I have a brand new Lifan 125cc manual trans engine for it. So far, besides the engine, I have the handlebars sandblasted and painted. I'm really making progress:smile:. Aw, give me a break. I'm old- and medicated/physically...
  13. redclayhd

What a month...

I had a great Christmas. I found out my daughter is having a little girl (first time grandparent). My wife and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas for her birthday. And, in the mail today was a check made out to me. I have received my share of multi-million settlement in a class action lawsuit...
  14. redclayhd

Quality Time.

Been spending some quality time in my shop. Almost finished building my "run-in" stand. Only SBC and BBC will fit on it for now. Later I'll modify it for Fords, too. Got my buddy's Corvette at the house putting a new engine in it. We're building him a basically stock 355 just for cruising around...
  15. redclayhd

Graduation Day!

Well, my son graduates tomorrow. He'll get his Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice. That's 2 down and 0 to go. My daughter already has her Master's in Education and is married. I'm not in any rush about my son getting married. He's a lot of fun to have around. For his graduation present, we...
  16. redclayhd

GBI and Starret Micrometer

First the bad news- My son missed the cutoff score on the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Exam by 1 point. I was not happy! As smart as he is, I figured he would be in the top 1 or 2%. He tests well but said this test was "strange" and not what he expected. He knows what he's up...
  17. redclayhd

My $50 deal.

Only one of these qualifies as a minibike. But to brag about my deal, I had to show a picture of all of them. Being ignorant and sheltered as I am, I was unfamiliar with the Di Blasi minibike. I think it will sit on a shelf as a conversation piece in my shop. The 2 Razors and the other little...
  18. redclayhd

New family member.

I got on here to post a pic of my new family member. There was thread for posting your dog's photo. How convenient. Well, here's my thread with my new grand-daughter. This one is my son's. Her name is Zooey (rhymes with Joey for those that don't know how to pronounce it). Not my pick of a name...
  19. redclayhd

New Shop!!!

Finally! I am getting a shop. Haven't started it, but I have the money. Here's what I'm building. Not sure exactly what size, yet. :smile: Tim.
  20. redclayhd

HOT ROD Power Tour

The "HOT ROD Power Tour" came thru my town over the weekend. I still haven't stopped drooling :biggrin:. I've been busy on other things, so I'm a little bit "out of the loop" in the car scene lately. Needless to say I was shocked- in a good way :thumbsup:. Tim.