Search results

1. Mike T

145/70-6 Knobby tire actuall dimensions

I read recently in another thread that minibike tires often exceed the size written on the tire. My Trail Bronc has 15.0 x 6.0-6 tire on the front. Does this mean a 145/70-6 knobby might be as tall or taller than the 15.0 x 6.0-6 on my trail Bronc? It seems to be the closest knobby in size to...
  2. Mike T

Oregon 50-647 Carb

I just bought a bunch of small engine parts form a Craigslist ad. In the bunch was a new Oregon 50-647 carburetor. What Tecumseh engines will this work with? Mike T edit. Some forum searching and I found this carb replaces Tecumseh carb 632615. I found several threads here saying it would work...
  3. Mike T

Mercury clutch service/repair

This H70 Tecumseh that I bought came with a Mercury centrifugal clutch. Numbers on it are 5046-22 it's for a 3/4" shaft. The drum is really loose and floppy on the center. Are there service parts available for these somewhere? I searched the forums but found little information on the Mercury...
  4. Mike T

H70 Barn find

Today I answered A Craigslist ad for a 5HP Tecumseh engine. Pictures in the ad showed a white engine that looked like a Tecumseh. For the $20.00 asking price I wasn't arguing. It would be worth it for that kind of money just for parts. When I got to the guys place I checked the engine by pulling...
  5. Mike T

Ruttman Paint

I was talking to my brother about the Ruttman that we got new when were kids. It has been identified here on this forum as a 1969 and that would figure because we got it during the summer of 1970 from a small local dealer selling out of his garage. My brother said it came bare steel and we...
  6. Mike T

Strange 5" wheel

While digging around in my minibike parts inventory I found this odd 5" wheel and tire. It is a 2 piece wheel but one half is steel while the other is aluminum. I decided to clean it up a bit and discovered the marks. Stamped into the aluminum wheel is 1034-2 with a "O" beneath it. The steel...
  7. Mike T

Drover/Duck chain cover

What gauge metal was used for the long chain guard on the Sears Drover? Also is there a source for the cool SR decal that looks like a stylized Atom? Mike T
  8. Mike T

Sears Drover project

A few weeks ago I started collecting the last items I needed to complete this Drover frame I have had for a few decades into a running minibike. Last summer I found a Craftsman 3.5 horse side popper that runs excellent and I'm going to use that on this build. I am not going to attempts a 100...
  9. Mike T

Drover or Duck?

I am starting to work on this minibike that I have had for decades. It is little more than a frame but pretty solid. I think it's a Sears Drover. The bottom layer of paint is a limey green. I have more pictures if additional detail is needed. I want to stay fairly close to original when I build...
  10. Mike T

Ruttman Build

This is my first real Minibike build. I've fixed up a few and done mechanical work etc, but never a “frame up” build before. I've done Volkswagens, Chevys, I'm doing a dune buggy now. But I just got an itch to do this bike. So here goes... This little mini has been stashed around my shop for...
  11. Mike T

Ruttman 4" wheels question

I am disassembling this little Ruttman my family has owned since new and when I took the rear wheel and sprocket apart I found what looked like gasket material between the wheel halves. It was in real bad shape, crumbling, broken and falling apart. The front didn't seem to have anything like...
  12. Mike T

New Guy from Northeast PA

I wanted to introduce myself here. I have been a member for 3 years but really am not much of a poster. I mostly read and search for what I want to find out. I like that there are so many knowledgeable guys on this forum and I will be relying on that knowledge during the builds I have planned...