Strange 5" wheel

While digging around in my minibike parts inventory I found this odd 5" wheel and tire. It is a 2 piece wheel but one half is steel while the other is aluminum. I decided to clean it up a bit and discovered the marks. Stamped into the aluminum wheel is 1034-2 with a "O" beneath it. The steel wheel was marked 1034-2 with "I" underneath. There is a 3 bolt pattern fastening the halves together with 3/8-24 threaded bolts and a tapered nut sort of like a lug bolt. Unfortunately the wheel is hacked up with several additional bolt patterns drilled into it.

Mike T

Scat Cat wheels at least some are half steel and half aluminum, yours does not look like one however. On these there is a drum pressed into the aluminum side rear wheel. I sold the wheels and was glad to see them go back on the same bike they came on originally, it's my mission to see folks put these bikes together as close to original as possible as well as to make a modest profit to fund my minibike addiction. Your wheel could be one of these with the hub cut out.:shrug:

Last edited:

Scottessey

That looks to be a triangle hub wheel like the ones found on Dart Cycles. One of my friend's original Dart wheels also had a steel half with an aluminum half. I'm not sure why that was done, but I have seen it before. The front wheel pictured here is what yours used to look like. The ones I've seen also had numbers stamped on them. I'll have to look and see if they match your number. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
As Scotessey called it this apparently is a DICO GoKart wheel. Used on Dart Karts it apparently showed up on Minibikes too. How it ended up in my Parts box I don't recall.
Thanks everyone.

Mike T

Last edited: