Search results

1. B

Tecumseh Carb. for OHV16

I have rebuilt my share of carburetors over the years, but I come upon one that confuses me a little bit. It is a 640034 carb. It has a plastic bowl. I pulled the main jet out and turned the carb. over and a spring fell out from inside (I think) the main jet hole. It was the only possible place...
  2. B

2 mini-bikes that run

I have searched locally for more than a year for a mini for my son. In the course of a week I found 2. The smaller with the 3.5 Briggs is a Foremost Golden Pinto. Never heard of one before, but is a classic vintage bike. Other than too many coats of paint and dry rotted tires (replaced 2nd day)...
  3. B

Sell things for Free on craig's list

I have just discovered a new web-site called craig's list. It costs nothing to sell and is localized to your geographic area. Beats the you know what out of e-bay. Used it this week for the first time and sold $500 worth. It even pays to try and sell something for $10. It's all local so there is...
  4. B

Yard Sale Bargain

I thought I would never run into a deal like I have seen some of you find. Coming back from the local breverage store I had this feeling to go check out a yard sale sign. Long story short, 2 Chinese pocket bikes for $30. Some one crudely tried to modify the red one to accept a larger engine. The...
  5. B

Poulan Weedeater carb. help

I am trying to fix my nephews weedeater. I have rebuilt the WALBRO carb and can get it to run wide flat out, but I can't get it to idle down past middle. Until today, I got it to idle down under full choke. I have throughly cleaned the carb twice. I am getting frustrated:hammer: any one with...
  6. B

Need Briggs Crank Shaft

I have a circa 1979 Briggs 8hp that is in almost pristeen condition. It is an I/C engine and seems a little larger than later engines I have seen. It also has this huge cast iron flywheel and a down draft float bowl carb. I have split the case to look around inside and the crank is supported by...
  7. B

Straightening a fork.

The forks on my Bonnie Bike were bent pretty bad (1st photo). The way I remedied this was by cutting the forks at about the middle below the triple tree. I straightened them as best I could holding them in a vice and using a long pipe. I then drove a solid 5/8 inch solid rod up through the forks...
  8. B

Boonie Project Continues

I started arc welding last wekend. I was doing fair by the time I got near the last rod. Long story short, a new pack of rods and I will try to correct my sloppy welds. This welding was required due to the fact my forks were bent. I heated the tubing and then drove a 5/8 rod into the the fork...
  9. B

Boonie, converter vs centrifical

I am debating whether to go with a centrifical clutch and jack shaft set up or a torque converter. I am sure the converter will work it's just hard to part with $200 right now. My final sprocket is 72 tooth and my rear tire diameter is a shade over 19.5 inches. Any one with more experience have...
  10. B

Boonie Bike Restoration

Thanks guys. I found a 5" brake assembly at mfgsupply.com. It is made by Azusa. I think I am going to give it a shot. Thanks