Yard Sale Bargain

I thought I would never run into a deal like I have seen some of you find. Coming back from the local breverage store I had this feeling to go check out a yard sale sign. Long story short, 2 Chinese pocket bikes for $30. Some one crudely tried to modify the red one to accept a larger engine. The blue one is mostly intact, and may allow me to race locally when I hopefully restore it. Both bikes suffer more from stupidity and neglect more than from use. They both have tires that still have nubs and the brake rotors are almost pristine. My nine year old son is excited to say the least. To be honest, I hate the fact they are Chinese. Within reason, I do all can to avoid buying Chinese.
My Boonie Bike is on hold until I find an engine of sufficient power to drag it along. My design is for a bike with torque, and I am not too concerned with gobbs of speed.

Cool deal. Your kid will have a blast, and eventually learn to appreciate the classics once he gets involved with some restoration.

'Cat Eye'...same model as your two...bought at a yard sale for $40, resold 3 days later for $275...

Yes, I sometimes buy Chinese pocketbikes too...

If anyone can get a cheap deal on the little Blata clones, they have the engine and wheelset you need to make today's version of the Popular Mechanic's Tom Thumb bike...

A little red, white and blue (AAAAARGH) Chinese Blata clone, bought from the neighbor kid for $100...

Someone else's Tom Thumb (in progress) using the Blata clone engine, but not the wheelset, which has decent alloys and disk brakes...mine will also have a spiral twisted-square rod frame, instead of conduit tubing...