Search results

1. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

any thoughts? i was hoping to use this coil laying around and maybe a small extra battery. I couldnt get the spark plug to fire.. idk if the coil is dead or im just not connecting it right. I could also find a extra coil to go on the engine. I know there is a way to connect a wire with...
  2. thtsjon4u

New to building mini bikes

...this bike... has been sold. :no: but at least it went to a good home.
  3. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

lol that is true.. i guess i was going for a "rat stool" look. Thanks.:laugh:
  4. thtsjon4u

big motor

lol i hope anyone that buys it is just buying it for the engine and maybe some parts.
  5. thtsjon4u

A Crazy Idea

i'd worry about the mpg instead of the mph. Ive done a lot of calculating before about speeds given rpm and drive/driven gear ratio and tire size. I'm not going to do it all again here.. but with 12t front and 52 rear and 12in tire i was doing about 8k rpm to do around 50mph. rrg i had it...
  6. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

new chain sprocket. Looks a ton better in my opinion, and easy to change. Also alternate muffler i made from some metal piping from the plumbing dept. of a hardware store and a lawnmower muffler 3/4in thread. This is the slightly softer sound header option..although im beginning to get attached...
  7. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

kill switch mount done. made from i think... 5/16 flat one inch metal, toggle switch from autoparts store, and some left over sheet metal pieces which i polished with a wire brush. The wire goes through a small hole inside and down the metal steering column bar. the ground is screwed in as you...
  8. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

Ive decided to spend a little extra money and get a sprocket hub that allows for the quick change split sprockets..got a blue anodized one so it will match too. The 72 teeth currently is a little too big. I think a 62 teeth will still allow good take off and help a little with top end speed...
  9. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

barstool1.wmv - YouTube playing with the nearly finished project.
  10. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

some time i will get a video soon.. all i have for a camera mount now is the chest harness for the gopro cam.
  11. thtsjon4u

Thanks.. it was a premade frame i started with so i didnt have to be good with pipe bending and cutting. I bet you could do this with no problem. All i have to work with is a welder, some BASIC tools, a drill, and a metal cutter. I dont even have a bench to work on or a vise. and yea its def. a...
  12. thtsjon4u

the size is 6/ 11-5. or 6 inches wide, over all dia. 11in and the wheel dia is 5 inch. the tire came with the frame/wheel package from baddog mini bikes. Im currently looking for some new tires with that tread..so far all i can find is the slicks.
  13. thtsjon4u

The "Bottle Rocket" Build

this bike is awesome.. i think this is the thread that got me to join this site and start building stuff again. Great job!
  14. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

finally decided on a use for the hand i created a while ago.
  15. thtsjon4u

Thanks! sometime i need to get a handle bar mount for my gopro camera and make a video.
  16. thtsjon4u

Someday i plan to update this thread... just waiting for time/money to get a good flywheel.. might try my hand at some pin striping as well?
  17. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

made some more support for the frame out of angle iron..aka. donated bed framing. I was making some lightning holes in them..just need a couple more drill bits. It stiffens up the frame pretty good.:thumbsup:
  18. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

19. thtsjon4u

Bar stool

no "pan hard" bar needed as it turns out. The bolt going through the pivot you see is 3/8in with a 1/2in hole with a metal tube washer also 1/2in the point of attatchment of the springs on the seat frame will most likely need to be redone with thicker metal.. currently only 18g metal there.
  20. thtsjon4u

Bar stool