Bar stool

modified the exhaust some.. cut the tip off at an angle, flipped it around, and then welded it back on to direct the exhaust up some.. plan to make it a flame thrower exhaust.. as soon as i find a damn nut that will fit a spark plug. :eek:ut:

AND.. that would be the new engine.. Lifan clone..just a tad bit different than the honda clone with the side cover shape. Its suppose to be a bit higher compression.

BTW..the NRracing choke hold clamp seems to have been made by someone who put no:censure: thought into it.. when you put it on like its suppose to be.. it jams between the air filter adapter and the carb.. so there is a HUGE air gap rendering the air filter useless.... so.. a rubber band will do again on this one.

gas pedal..home made from 5/16th steel rod bits and nuts..and some sort of shelf bracket thing to hold the spring and for the sheath around the throttle cable. Did i mention i love having a welder.

i think i have scrapped the tool box idea... cant find anything. I'm not paying for something im going to cut all to pieces. and diamond plate sheet metal to fab something myself is a little expensive. Still havent even found a bar stool.. so its still up in the air.:shrug:

BRAKES!.. well almost, but getting there.

And i finished the throttle pedal/cable. Had to bend it forward so i didnt have to lift up my whole leg to push the throttle.

nothing here is permanent to the frame yet. Just putting things together to see how it feels/looks. going to attempt to put a couple of bicycle springs on the seat frame legs. This means making brackets to hold the springs and making the back side on a hinge. .. more to come.

Last edited:

more progress on the hand lever brake system:eek:ut: the idea here is to reuse stuff and to make it different.
Also made some mounts for the front springs on the seat frame.. its still just sitting there not it the correct place..but getting closer to actually working.. or becoming a huge failure:doah: dont worry, im making cross supports from the back legs to the front so it doesnt bend instead of spring.

the frames looking good man :thumbsup: dont know about that seat though... looks like its gonna be a gamble, but I wish you luck.. I really dig the camshaft bumper :laugh::thumbsup:

also when I saw the seat your putting on it kinda reminds me of the frame I hope to someday build.. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/50053-digital-3d-go-kart-frame.html... Mine started as a barstool racer too..

but I was wondering, how much did the metal for your frame cost you? or was it just scrap?

-GC-

the frames looking good man :thumbsup: dont know about that seat though... looks like its gonna be a gamble, but I wish you luck.. I really dig the camshaft bumper :laugh::thumbsup:

also when I saw the seat your putting on it kinda reminds me of the frame I hope to someday build.. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/50053-digital-3d-go-kart-frame.html... Mine started as a barstool racer too..

but I was wondering, how much did the metal for your frame cost you? or was it just scrap?

-GC-
looks cool. i should check out this google sketch up. I bought most of the frame one inch tubing a while ago at about 1.50 a foot i think.. the frame work for the seat so far is free scrap, also one inch square tubing but thinner wall. the cam shaft if from a free junked v8.. i made other things with the rest of it. i had the crank shaft laying around, but i think that would have been WAY too heavy lol. I was going to use an actual bar stool but i still havent found one and im not paying an extra 50 bucks to get one. most of the stuff so far, minus the engine and wheels, was payed for a while ago and has just been sitting around for a long time. So now this "bar" stool racer is just going to be a fancy..one seater golf cart basically.. nothing to go too fast on... but it has the capability to haul ass though.

so i was working on this today and doing some more welding to the seat frame and i realized.. holy:censure::censure: this thing is ending up :censure: over complicated:censure:...im going to have to add some sort of pan hard bar thing to minimize side to side slop in the suspension..which i have an extra tie rod thing.. so not too big a deal. I finally found a bar stool that was really cheap.. so i may end up taring everything i made so far with the seat and reverting back to the usual bar stool...but im already committed to the current plan... oh yea and the springs that im currently using for mock up are way too stiff.. ill have to get some 50lb springs for each one..or 80lb.. something like that. I know ive seen some for sale on ebay that are pretty light and same size.

You've got some great engineering going on. No toolbox? How about the outer skin off an old, round top, fridge? Lay it down with chopped door-opening up. Maybe you could even sit in it. Part can serve as a hood & part as a trunk lid over the motor. Just thinking of unique body styles not yet used.
Keep up the great work.

no "pan hard" bar needed as it turns out.

The bolt going through the pivot you see is 3/8in with a 1/2in hole with a metal tube washer also 1/2in

the point of attatchment of the springs on the seat frame will most likely need to be redone with thicker metal.. currently only 18g metal there.

Last edited: