Search results

1. R

14cc gx200/ clone cylinder head

Selling this, I will post internationally. Check out this item I found on eBay: End time: Dec 8, 2012 9:35:39 PM Item: Honda Gx160 or gx200 6.5 5.5hp high compression cylinder head or stock 14cc URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221159974715 Alt URL: Honda Gx160...
  2. R

Ruixing carb on a jiongdong 5.5

If you can't get it out, a new carb is only like $20.
  3. R

Head stud question

I have heard the dowels are just for alignment. I would drill for dowells anyway.
  4. R

building my genuine gx200-help!

I would allow for atleast .025 head to piston clearance. I have a 14cc head FS if you want it?
  5. R

Messed up my threads! Any ideas?

I think it is a smidgen larger. Maybe time for an upgrade :scooter: I would try roughening it up and cleaning it, then put a little JB weld in the hole. You may be able to tap it, or just hold it together with JB.
  6. R

building my genuine gx200-help!

I bored my own. Take it easy. You can bore up to .680 venturi if you do it right. I broke through into the idle jet area. Be careful! JB weld is your friend. I got mine to around .650. You can also bore the throttle bore, but then you need to fab a throttle plate. I would also shave down...
  7. R

Valve Springs and E tubes

you can use solder or heatshrink to cover some of the holes in your stock e tube to make it similar to the 140 one.
  8. R

Honda clone gx160

Could be a clogged main jet or passage in the carburettor.
  9. R

Clone build

Small engine cams make a black mamba jr cam for 2000-6000rpm.
  10. R

GreyHound Starter Assembly

Check valve lash. Set it to around .002 ex, and .003 in.
  11. R

Checking coil.

I found resistance readings for the clone coils a few years ago. Told me that I had a bad coil with a multimeter. I think they were on a service manual, can't find any good manuals now though! Maybe do some searching.
  12. R

GreyHound Starter Assembly

You could probably use a Honda starter cup with your new recoil, just remove the flywheel nut, put on new cup and torque back to the correct torque (54ft lb iirc). There are a few different types of cups- My gx160 uses plastic pawls to engage with a cup with pressed engagement places My 196...
  13. R

Engine basics for a complete noob

A reduction gearbox is a box that usually mounts to the motor and changes the gear ratio. They usually come in 2:1 and 6:1, but can come with other ratios. You can get a 3/4" clutch for $25-30. But what is the clutch like that is on the current motor?
  14. R

6.5hp dirt bug/doodlebug $250 (CT)

Hey, why don't you make up an adapter for the 1" driven so you can bolt it all up?
  15. R

Stock Honda GX series parts to modify stock 212cc Predator?

The GX160 head should be 14cc or 18cc vs 22cc predator. It can be bolted up with slight modification of the guide pins.
  16. R

Clone Throttle Spring Addition

I put a spring on the black lever like you have, as a 'just in case' sort of measure! Does the stock spring on your bikes even have enough power to overcome the friction of the twist throttle assembly? Mine didn't!
  17. R

starting the build! :)

Ok I honestly don't know why anyone would lie about what they have and ask questions like this, because it just wastes everyones time. Just post up some pics then get back on topic :shrug:
  18. R

Umm- guys, why are you all being so unfair. He's 15, and learning. Give him a f'ing break! On every other mechanical related forum I have been on (I am 16) the more senior members have been happy to help as I am not just sitting playing mindless video games. Take as long as you like, and learn...
  19. R

A bigger carb generally helps higher rpm but hurts bottom end, that is why I am just using a bored stock carb for my build.