Search results

1. S

Anybody a GenSet Expert?

Off subject but this damn thing is killing me. I need some help with this damn Generator. So I picked up a Coleman Powermate 6250 Generator with a 10 HP OHV Briggs Engine Model 204412 0156-E2. Guy I bought it off of said it just wouldn't crank one day. I got it cheap and it like 3 years...
  2. S

Project "Disc Brakes Finally"

I finally grew tired of scrub brakes on my Thunderbird...... and the single manual disc brake on the Doodle Bugs simply don't stop well enough with my 275 pound load. So I've decided my next project needs to have hydraulic Disc brakes front and rear. I've had an extra Thunderbird frame for a...
  3. S

11 HP Honda??? real or clone?

So I came across this locally here in NC and have the opportunity to pick it up for $100. Its suppossed to be a 11 HP Honda running great with a brand new clutch (1" bore). But I have never seen a 11 hp honda that looks quite like this. Maybe this was the Honda 11 HP before the GX series came...
  4. S

My Rookie Mistake

I've been tinkering with Bikes for years and found myself pulling a rookie mistake last night. Thought you would get a kick out of the story. Bought a blue clone "customer return" from a wholeseller on EBAY for $75 shipped. Seller must have bought out all the Greyhounds from a local HF...
  5. S

OddBall Briggs Score

So i was sitting on the computer this morning and saw an add on Clist for a pressure washer that had a bad pump. Ad said it was 3 years old and used very little and had a 7.25 HP Briggs horizontal engine on it that ran great. Best of all ad said $60 and it was 20 miles from the house. I...
  6. S

Tecumseh 3.5 Carb... High Idle

Seems like these tec carbs are a common issue on here. I have a Tecumseh 3.5 on one of my thunderbirds. Just got the bike. Cleaned out the carb. Bike is about 2001 or so. Carb does not have the primer bulb I hear so much about. The engine will crank with choke off and throttle about 3/4...
  7. S

Manco Mini find plus bonus Go cart

Just got off the phone with the owner who lives 45 minutes away from me out in the country. He has (2) Manco Thunderbirds from about 2002 and (1) 5 hp go cart with a nascar body on it. All (3) run and the go cart just needs a clutch. Heading out there tomorrow morning to buy them. He sent...
  8. S

Stretched Manco Thunderbird Finally Done

Thought you guys would enjoy a pic of my Stretched Thunderbird. It was a quick project comnpared to the other full size bikes sitting half finished in the garage. It has a 5 inch stretch and I dumped the original seat set up in favor of a rigid set up made up from some 1/8" plate I had a...
  9. S

Dang Spring forks... I NEED HELP

So I have an early Manco Thunderbird project with the front end with the springs. I took the bike apart and had it sandblasted. I put the front end back together and noticed 1 side is like 5/8" longer than the other. The longer side is as if it needs to twist more and compress the spring but...
  10. S

Manco Thunderbird with 10" Wheels

Picked up an early Manco Thunderbird Mini Bike this weekend and it has the old 10" x 2.5" wheel wheels with the large slots wheels. Any idea what year thay stopepd using the 10" Wheels and went to the 8" I'm trying to estimate the year on this thing and so far no luck.