Search results

1. projectminibike

does a Honda GX on a db sit centered?

Hello all, Does a Honda GX series engine fit centered side to side on a doodlebug? Or a predator for that matter? I hate when I see an engine bolted down off center in order to get the chains lined up. I'll jack shaft that bike before I bolt it down hanging off the right side Thanks
  2. projectminibike

traded my trashpicked snowblower for this Rokon

longwinded intro video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-dvv158fM&feature=player_detailpage quick back yard trial test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1Xrk_spQA&feature=player_detailpage
  3. projectminibike

bartered for a warrior

Got this in exchange for repairing someone's warrior. The valve cover was worn through because the engine was loose and the chain tension pulled it up against the frame. The handle bars are an old pair I had in the shed. I used a bunch of parts off this one to upfit another. The deal was I...
  4. projectminibike

thoughts on sealing fuel tanks

I have cleaned the rust and scale out of a couple fuel tanks. The worst one was a 1975 Honda CB200T fuel tank and I couldn't believe how well it turned out. I made a rudimentary tumbling machine, filled the tank with 3 lbs of drywall screws and some acetone. After rinsing it I took it to a...
  5. projectminibike

Cheap Torque converters on Ebay

What do you guys know about those cheap Torque converters on Ebay? I searched for TAV and they came up as replacements for the TAV units. The TAVs cost $100 more Obviously they are knock offs. Does anyone here have experience with them?
  6. projectminibike

Kids bike gearing and torque question

Hello all, I'm piecing together another mini soon. I have been collecting parts from eBay and locally. This time I'm using a 3 horse Tec with 11.5" tires. The total gear ratio is 8.33:1 this is intentionally designed to top out at 15mph for my little squirts in the backyard and not burn up...
  7. projectminibike

best engine of what I have to choose from

Ok folks, I have been following along quietly for a while and now I have acquired some engines, wheels, drive components, throttles, one hacked mini bike frame and also a go-cart. The first question I have to pose to everyone interested is which of these engines are best suited for a beginner...
  8. projectminibike

I know what it is....Do you?

My foreman left this in my bay at work last week. I looked at it and chuckled. After some quick disassembly and steam cleaning I could tell exactly what it was. The foreman said, "I don't know what it is and I don't even remember where it came from". He had kids that bring all kinds of crap...