Search results

1. S

Wrecked MB165- Need Part Fit Help

I was hit by a car riding my MB165 that I restored over the past year while making a left turn in a neighborhood intersection. I was driving and signaled with my hand my left turn. The car tried to pass me in the intersection and the bike and car met. The front fender hit first and the left...
  2. S

How to Install a TAV on a 2005 Mini Baja

I have a Mini Baja MB165 that I would like to put a TAV torque converter on. What ( if any ) modifications will need to be done? Where is the best place to buy the TAV at? Heres a picture of the bike. Thanks
  3. S

MB165 GX160 with Torque Converter

I'm now completely done with my 2005 MB165 build. Its stock setup other than a new Honda GX160. I've painted it up and added a rear light, new tires, seat cover, basically the whole works. I've decided I'm not content with the 27 mph top speed and low end on it after a couple months of riding...
  4. S

Ammo Box Trunk For MB165

I've had this old ammo box lying around and deicided to make some use for it. So i made a trunk for my Mini Baja. I like it because its water proof and does not way too much. It even bolts right up to my already existing light mounts that were under the seat I made out of some angle brackets.I...
  5. S

MB165 Exhaust Pipe

I thinking about buying this exhaust pipe off of OldMiniBikes but I was wondering if anyone else has one and how good are they? Do they even fit on the Baja Heat style bikes? Also can I just use the pipe and not the screw on muffler or will this mess up the engine valves and other problems like having to...
  6. S

2005 Mini Baja MB165 Clutch Problem

Today I was out mudding and trail ridding in the woods on my Mini Baja (with Honda GX160 engine). The water was at most 8in deep and I never got too deep in the mud. I did however go up some pretty steep hills and got stuck a few times with the back tire spinnging and no traction. I left the...
  7. S

Baja MB165 GX160 Exhaust Pipe

I have a stock gx160 on my MB165 mini bike currently. I've been looking around for a straight pipe or just a new exhaust but it seems alot of them require a new air filter and then that leads to a re-jet. My Hondas stock exhaust barely fit without hiting the frame bar (I guess the gx160s exhaust...
  8. S

Manco Fox II Go-Kart

I bought this project about a year ago for $20 and figured I'd post a few before and afters of it. Please take into consideration this was my first kart,second engine to fix and heavy restoration job. Some of the things I did was -Un siezed the engine -cleaned carb -did some other things to...
  9. S

Mini Baja MB165 with 20 in Tires

I think its about time for some new tires on my Baja. My question is will a 20 in tire fit on these bikes without touching the fenders? I went to Northern Tool and they didnt carry 19 in tires like the stock MB165s come with but they did have 20 in with the same size everywhere else for $50 a...
  10. S

Mini Baja MB165 Age

I got this bike about six months ago and wanted to see if anyone new how to date these bikes or bought one that looks like mine and know the year. I took some pics when I got it and repainted it. It has a push and hold cut off switch, metal fenders,plastic headlight and a Jiang Dong 5.5 163 cc...
  11. S

MB165 Chain Tensioner

Hi I finially fixed the engine on my bike by swapping the cranks with another engine but when riding today the plastice wheel on the tesioner for the chain fell off. I looked online but its says the small wheel one that I need has been discontinued. And they make a large wheel one but Im not...
  12. S

Honda GX160 Timing Issue

Ok so I bought a brand new Honda gx160 and figured out the shaft was too short for my minibike. I got it all opened up and swaped the shaft for my Jiang Dong clone shaft that was longer. I also swaped the flywheel from the clone into the Honda because the clones flywheel could power the...
  13. S

Clone Flywheel in Honda Engine

I was doing the shaft swap I talked about in a previous thread and noticed the flywheel for the clone had magnets in imt for powering the headlight. I am thinking about putting the clone flywheel in my Honda GX160. Would there be any issues with that? Thanks
  14. S

Baja Motorsports MB165 Top Speed

This question has probably been asked before but I have not been able to find it. So what is the top speed of a MB165 on a ungoverened stock bike? I have a Honda 5.5 on mine but I'm going to guess that the power output of a clone and the Hondas are the same. Thanks
  15. S

Mini Baja Trouble

Oh so heres the deal, I just got a brand new Honda GX160 (not a drop of gas or oil has ever touched it) off craigslist and when taking off the stock Jiang Dong I could not get the centrifical clutch off. Not the clutch acually but the bolt at the end of the shaft. I treid diffent things but all...