Search results

1. S

My terrible experience with Burntables and my resolution

Thank ya. Hopefully someone else on here will be saved from making the same mistake.
  2. S

It was at this point that I made a decision, I was either going to strip this table of all of its hardware, motors, THC and controllers and rebuild it myself with aftermarket parts that would at least get me closer to having a decent THC and moving that huge gantry around, or I was going to...
  3. S

The following is a reprint of a post I made on both CNCzone.com and plasmaspider.com on 19 May 2014, but thought would be equally as valuable here. Hopefully it will serve as an educational tool for at least one person out there and save them from making the same mistake I did upon entering the...
  4. S

My first Mini Bike project...sidecar to come

Couple of pictures of the completed bike. In time, I'll get to the sidecar. Don't be surprised if I wind up with another bike in the meantime, though...
  5. S

Thanks for the compliment! Taking pictures today slipped my mind, but...tomorrow?? Yes, tomorrow...
  6. S

Been too long since I've worked on the bike. Tonight I removed the engine and slotted the mounting holes I had drilled to allow for some more chain tension adjustment. Repainted and reinstalled the engine, as well as the accelerator cable and grips. I didn't have the right size bolts to attach...
  7. S

Thanks a lot...looking forward to seeing what the Predator can do. The seat came on the bike when I got it. The guy I bought it from owned a boat repair shop and shared a building with an auto upholsterer. He had him do the seat before he sold it. Turned out great and I'm glad to have it for sure!
  8. S

Thanks a lot for the compliments. It was very nice to get it somewhat put back together. I wish vehicle projects only took this long, I'd have a lot less "under progress" projects floating around. As far as the shop, the first few pictures I posted were in my shop, the last several were in...
  9. S

As of today, it is indeed a roller. I got the wheels and forks on as well as the engine bolted in place. I think I am going to have to slot the engine mount holes some to allow some more adjustment for the chain. I think I am caught right at an "in between" spot on my chain length and a little...
  10. S

A well-spoken sidecar. I like the idea. (Sorry, dorky humor attempt).
  11. S

Thanks man, I appreciate it. As far as the chrome, I figured I'd try it out and see how it looked...if I don't end up liking it, I will repaint in black. We'll see!
  12. S

A bit more progress. I have decided to go ahead and finish the build, then tackle the sidecar. I know that will mean repainting some (probably), but so be it. Anyway, here's where we stand as of now... Should have it all back together tomorrow, minus the brake and the...
  13. S

Finally made a bit of progress with the project. I started working on it the other night, and ended up plumbing the shop for air (I know I know, how did I live before)? Anyway, I got the mounting plate reinforced with some angle iron underneath it, drilled engine mounting holes, blasted, sanded...
  14. S

That's the one I assumed you were talking about (good eye), just wasn't sure of the "L" in there.
  15. S

DB30/Predator 212 throttle cable length?

With a different motor I figured the cable routing might be different than it was originally and therefore require a different length. Also didn't know if the new cables would have a movable stop on them so that I could indeed cut them down.
  16. S

DB30/Predator 212 throttle cable length?

I'm not around the bike right now so I can't take a measurement, but I'd like to go ahead and get my new grips and cable ordered if possible. Can anyone give me a definite answer on a throttle cable length for this setup? The ones I'm seeing are typically 48, 53 and 60. Any of these fit the bill...
  17. S

Thanks for the picture, Gumpit. I've been debating on how I will attach the sidecar and that gives me some more ideas. Also thanks for the brace suggestion bigrob, that's great info and something I will definitely do now. I think I will probably just brace it with some 1x1 angle under the...
  18. S

Thank ya! Breaking out the sandpaper and wire wheels manana to get down to some good metal. I think the whole thing might fit in the blast cabinet, not sure if it's worth messing with though. I will definitely blast the small parts such as the pegs, wheel spacers, kick stand, etc. I also just...
  19. S

Hello everyone, love the forum so far. I decided a couple weeks ago I was going to build a motorized cooler for tailgating and what not. That quickly changed into buying a mini bike and building a sidecar for a cooler. The sidecar will be detachable so the bike is still usable on its own. I...