Search results

1. C

Bicycle hitch carrier

Good morning all. I am planning a road trip towing my race car on an open trailer, and I would like to take my 6.5 Doodlebug along. I have a Chevy Tahoe and I would rather not put the DB inside, as last time I did that, I noticed the residual fuel fumes can get to me after a while, and this...
  2. C

Doodle Bug 1/8 mile drag race at Milan.

SDAC22 Battle Of The Doodlebugs - YouTube
  3. C

Doodle Bug 1/8 mile drag race at Milan.

Double post, moderators please delete. Thanks, Mike
  4. C

GX160 Block to 200CC

Can I use the crank, rod and piston for a GX200 in an GX160 block? Thanks, Mike
  5. C

Stuck Carb Jet.

Anybody have an issue with a stuck carb jet on a 6.5 clone? I tried to change the jet out on my 6.5 after watching the youtube video about clone carb rebuilding. I went to remove the jet and it was tight. REALLY tight. It stripped fairly easily. I ended up taking the carb out of a box...
  6. C

GX200 or Clone 6.5 carb

Looking for a stock 6.5 clone or GX200 carb. Thanks, Mike
  7. C

Gen. Honda Rod and Flywheel

I am looking to build up a 6.5hp engine on my DB, and was given a genuine Honda GX200 for parts or core Are the rod and flywheel any better than clone stuff, or is it still a requirement to upgrade to billet stuff before removing the governor? Thanks, Mike
  8. C

H70 mounting pattern

Anybody know the mounting pattern for a H70? Thanks, Mike
  9. C

Toyoco on Ebay.

Here is a Toyoco listed on Ebay. Toyoco Vintage Minibike No reserve - eBay (item 140496280280 end time Jan-08-11 11:51:35 PST) I didn't know how to post it in the Ebay thread and couldn't find the instructions or rules about that. I appologize if this is a violation. Mike
  10. C

Replaced Tecumseh with a Clone on my Snowblower

I got this old MTD 22" snowblower from my dad. It had an electric start Techumseh on it that would stall under any kind of load. This weekend in prep for the almost 2 feet of snow we got here near Philadelphia, we swapped on a 6.5hp honda clone I had gotten on clearance for $35 (the same...
  11. C

Clone upgrade path

I was doing some surfing on AGK's website and my wallet started to ache. I was thinking about doing some mild upgrades as outlined on their site. I already have a custom exhaust on my DB, so I was thinking of adding the following. Air filter kit #90 fuel jet Governor removal 4deg...
  12. C

GXH50 Honda Engine

I was looking around on the Harbor Freight website and came across the Honda GXH50 mini-four-stroke engine. Anybody ever try one of these on a bike. It's only 2.5hp, but it revs to 7800rpm. I bet with the right gearing this thing could really make a bike fly....eventually. Any thoughts...
  13. C

Clone Crankshaft

I have a Lifan 5.5hp engine that I bought as a new open box unit for $15. My brother put oil in it and it started up in less than 1 full pull. Awesome. Anyway, it has a tapered crankshaft, and I was wondering if there is a source for cheap interneral replacement parts, like a 3/4" keyed shaft...
  14. C

DB30 match paint?

Just wondering if anybody has a source for a paint that matches somewhat closely to the DB30 reddish orange or orangish red? I would like to paint my custom chain/clutch guard to match the rest of the bike. If I can't find anything to match, do you think black is ok?
  15. C

Another 6.5 Doodlebug swap.

Hey guys, Just wanted to post some pics of my bug.
  16. C

Clutch Recommendations

I'm looking for a new clutch for my DB30 with a 6.5Hp Honda-Clone swap. It's a 3/4" shaft. Currently I am using an old (older than I am, and I'm 30) Mercury clutch. I see these Hilliard "Extreme Duty" clutches in the Northern Tool Catalog, and I'd like to know if they are any good? Basically...
  17. C

Honda GX Clones At Pepboys Under $100

Just to let you all know, at my local PepBoys they had the Honda GX Clones on clearance. I picked up a 6.5hp for $99. 5.5hp's were $89 Even got a 5.5hp trash pump for $119. I dunno if they are all running this clearance, but it's worth a drive to your local Pepboys.