Search results

1. minimoto18

sprocket question

Thank you. That burris racing site helped the most I just typed the size teet on my mini bike and that's 6.00 ratio and then changed the teeth around for the go kart I'm gunna go with a 14 tooth for the cart it will have 5.00 ratio and I think I'll have enough hp to get it goin :-) thank you again!
  2. minimoto18

sprocket question

Well I have ths go kart its a carter go kart and the torque converter went to crap both the drive and secondary are junk. So I am converting it to a jack shaft. It has a 14 tooth clutch and I don't know what size sprocket to do where the old secondary was. Then it goes to a 12 tooth to a 60 at...
  3. minimoto18

high mileage go kart for school

Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. But we got it to stay better using angle iron along the sides with cross beams and our cart might not be the hest looking but out of four going to the track for our school we have the only one ready to go with only 1 more day for testing
  4. minimoto18

high mileage go kart for school

Hi well let me start by saying what me and my "team" are building for school. We have to build a super mileage kart. And we got a frame from last year and we are the underdogs of our school, we have 4 karts but ours is the weirdest, its made out of a ladder and looks average but the frame...
  5. minimoto18

stupid 3.5 briggs

Ya I've been reading them just been busy this weekend aha
  6. minimoto18

stupid 3.5 briggs

Well I looked again today and I now its the rings for the oil leak. I mean I can clearly see the oil getting in past the rings and its leaking out of the head so it looks like new rings and a new head gasket will be needed. I noticed it was puffing smoke out the head up front and letting gas...
  7. minimoto18

stupid 3.5 briggs

Thats wat I did I pulled the head and saw oil leaking through the rings but after I put it back together I lost all my compression and won't even start now. And all bolts are tightened to proper torque
  8. minimoto18

stupid 3.5 briggs

Alright well today I was cruising around the yard like I seem to do just about everyday and it ran fine had the neighbor over he drove it fine but it was smoking terribly then later today it started missing and dieing..... well sure enough the pistin rings are shot and then all of sudden there...
  9. minimoto18

what did i just buy

Umm yes I believe they are
  10. minimoto18

what did i just buy

That manco looks close besides the foot pegs. But very close. I should also mention it has band brakes. And the frame hasn't been modded all original besides the motor
  11. minimoto18

what did i just buy

Yeah I looked that up but the frame is set up slightly different and then I saw one that looked real close but the foot pegs and the rear mount area was set up different. I think the frame paint is original though
  12. minimoto18

what did i just buy

Message - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery
  13. minimoto18

what did i just buy

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/images/overlay-round.gif I just bought this today for 125$ I was told it ran good but after seeing it run there and then bringing it home found out it was running bad but started good so needs a tune up. I don't have the model on the motor because...
  14. 010413-1821

010413-1821

idk what I just bought
  15. minimoto18

low end bog

I'm not sure what my jets are adjusted to.... but I believe I know where the needle is at so I'll adjust that a lil bit tomorrow hopefully it will work. These pulse jet carbs seem pretty easy to adjust
  16. minimoto18

low end bog

I just went out and rode it around a bit.. seems to run perfect at half choke but if I choke it anymore it bogs of course and when the choke is off it kills after I let off the gas and then give it gas again... very odd haha..I keep having a feeling that my plug is fouled gotta check it in the...
  17. minimoto18

low end bog

It has new gas I just put in today. So ya I'll probably get a carb kit and get her running good. Thanks for the advice on trueing the diaphram. I'll be sure to do that:thumbsup:
  18. minimoto18

low end bog

Yeah it has one. I'll I'm guessing it needs a rebuilt carb. Its weird because its initial get up and go is great. Its only after I slow down then it bogs
  19. minimoto18

low end bog

I have a 3,5 hp briggs and today got it running in dirt instead of ice for the first time haha. Spring is coming :laugh: but I noticed when turning and then getting on the gas sometimes it bogs a bit, its also happened when I go full speed then let of and get back on the gas...... it'll almost...
  20. minimoto18

Baja MB200 vs. Monster Dog II

Its funny reading bout the 700 dollar bike...I'm thinkin to myself, I bought a motovox bike for 360 then added over 100 dollars to keep it goin for one year then another 100 after she fell apart then motor took a crap right after that and now add another 130 for briggs motor and new clutch aha...