Search results

1. minimoto18

sprocket question

Well I have ths go kart its a carter go kart and the torque converter went to crap both the drive and secondary are junk. So I am converting it to a jack shaft. It has a 14 tooth clutch and I don't know what size sprocket to do where the old secondary was. Then it goes to a 12 tooth to a 60 at...
  2. minimoto18

high mileage go kart for school

Hi well let me start by saying what me and my "team" are building for school. We have to build a super mileage kart. And we got a frame from last year and we are the underdogs of our school, we have 4 karts but ours is the weirdest, its made out of a ladder and looks average but the frame...
  3. minimoto18

stupid 3.5 briggs

Alright well today I was cruising around the yard like I seem to do just about everyday and it ran fine had the neighbor over he drove it fine but it was smoking terribly then later today it started missing and dieing..... well sure enough the pistin rings are shot and then all of sudden there...
  4. minimoto18

what did i just buy

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/images/overlay-round.gif I just bought this today for 125$ I was told it ran good but after seeing it run there and then bringing it home found out it was running bad but started good so needs a tune up. I don't have the model on the motor because...
  5. minimoto18

low end bog

I have a 3,5 hp briggs and today got it running in dirt instead of ice for the first time haha. Spring is coming :laugh: but I noticed when turning and then getting on the gas sometimes it bogs a bit, its also happened when I go full speed then let of and get back on the gas...... it'll almost...
  6. minimoto18

homemade sidecar ideas..

I'm thinking of building a sidecar for my mini bike using and an old wheel barrow. Not exactly sure how I am gunna. But I'm seeing if any of you try building one without welding? I really need a welder but won't have one for awhile
  7. minimoto18

question about 3/4 clutches

Hi I'm looking to buy a max torque #35 12 tooth clutch for my briggs my question is does it come with a key that is right for my shaft my keyway is 3/16 and does it come with set screws? Mainly my question is if I order this clutch will I be able to put it on without ordering more crap?
  8. minimoto18

3.5 hp briggs question

Hi, I've tooken an old briggs and stratton engine that needs repair. Well I have fixed everything except the cylinder has been worn down and is letting oil get in through the piston and killing the motor. Will oversize piston rings fix it and honing ite honing the cylinder or do I need to bore...
  9. minimoto18

motovox mini bike (roller) no motor

I have a one year old motovox mini bike with a new sprocket, new bearings, new throttle cable (hooked up to bike brake but hav twist throttle). And chain, spent 100 bucks then my motor broke to where its unfixable. I'm located in princeton mn and it would have to be local pick up cash only. Id...
  10. minimoto18

mini bikes vs pocket rockets?

I don't know if there is already a thread on this but I thinking today what are some advantages for mini bikes and some for pocket rockets? What do you think is better? And do you consider pocket rockets like tye new age mini bikes?
  11. minimoto18

clutch question

Hi, I'm kinda new to mini bikes. But here is my question I got a motovox mbx10 and I wanna order a max torque clutch 5/8 size but do they all have the same key sizes or do I have to buy one with a special size clutch key?:shrug: