mini bikes vs pocket rockets?

I don't know if there is already a thread on this but I thinking today what are some advantages for mini bikes and some for pocket rockets? What do you think is better? And do you consider pocket rockets like tye new age mini bikes?

I've sent both pitbikes and pocket rockets home crying with a 6.5 powered DB and a Trailblazer with a Predator but there are really fast pocketbikes and pitbikes out there, depends on the money spent and the seriousness of the hobbyist. Blatas and Pocketbike brand mini road race bikes will get down the road really fast and hurt ya bad if you make a small mistake so I stay off em, but I stay off the cheap ass ones too for the same reason.

We certainly do not consider them minibikes and never will. We have all had a belly full of clicking on CL ads only to see a $25 piece of rafter art at best offered at a stupid high price or even for twenty five bucks "not running needs carb cleaned or something":doah:. I hate em, this should have been a poll.:laugh:

I would rather have something built to stand the test of time.Those pocket bikes literally fall apart as soon as they start getting ridden.To me just like the big asian bikes,they are made to be disposable and there is no way to make them your own(no aftermarket)plain and simply they are junk.

I have never been on a pocket rocket. The first micro 2 stroke I ever saw just kind of showed up in my uncles toy shed one day. Me and my cousin went in there to get our dirtbikes out for the day and there it was, dont' remember the brand but it was Italian and fast looking. We just kinda stared at it and took our bikes and left. As far as advantages we were always on and off road ~ that little rocket in the shed stayed in the shed.

Last edited:
This is what I thought id see. Ya I like mini bikes more too way simpler and easy to maintain. But chinese mini bikes like motovox,, I can't ride mine for more then an hour before it brakes down. A lot of money wasted this month repairing it just to have the crankshaft break the day I fixed everything else aha

joekd

My son's first gas bike was a 49CC chinese dirt bike, was the perfect size/power for him and being his first true bike I wasn't about to spend big bucks on it so it worked out perfectly

Other then having to clean out the carb once a month that thing never needed one bit of work and held up great

To me just like the big asian bikes,they are made to be disposable and there is no way to make them your own(no aftermarket)plain and simply they are junk.
:angry: Say what ???? Last time I checked there wasnt a real big Asian population in Lincoln Nebraska. So at least they were put together here. I think my bike cleaned up nice !! For a Kawasaki. Mine will run circles around all my buddies Harleys :hammer:

But yes the pocket bikes are junk !!!!:laugh::laugh:

joshua. c.

This is what I thought id see. Ya I like mini bikes more too way simpler and easy to maintain. But chinese mini bikes like motovox,, I can't ride mine for more then an hour before it brakes down. A lot of money wasted this month repairing it just to have the crankshaft break the day I fixed everything else aha
corection: motovox mini bikes are made in america but the engine isn't i think.

i cant really think of any clear advantages on the side of pocket bikes except for maybe that they are easier to get rid of :laugh: I dont think they were originally intended to really ride alot. More of something cool for kids to say they had a mini crotch rocket.

:angry: Say what ???? Last time I checked there wasnt a real big Asian population in Lincoln Nebraska. So at least they were put together here. I think my bike cleaned up nice !! For a Kawasaki. Mine will run circles around all my buddies Harleys :hammer:

But yes the pocket bikes are junk !!!!:laugh::laugh:
Hey nun, Harley Davidson will be having their 110 anniversary this year in Milwaukee WI. I will be there along with a bunch of my friends that Ive been riding with for the past 30 years.Its one hellova party,so grab that putt of yours and come on out and have a good time.They Party in Milwaukee:drinkup: Oh and about your bike: Let the good times roll.

Last edited:

joshua. c.

everytime i try to mention mini bikes in conversation everyone thinks of pocet bikes. it pisses me off so mutch!!. i actualy have to explane what a real mini bike is to them.
pocet bikes suck. poor quality, extra dangerous and to small for any practicle use. the only good ones are those 110cc street legal bikes set up like motorcycles. and some of the better desined (not weed wacker engine). mini choppers.
i saw someone on a pocet bike try to keep up with some mini bikes riding doun the street , and he hit a bump and wipped out so bad that he tumbled sideways three times. he was ok and un harmed but it coold have been much worse.

Minis are better because of the simplicity. 4 stroke engines that last sometimes 40 years. The rider sits upright and can bail out easy. Pocket rockets are to close to the ground. I would never let a kid ride one. Chinese junk is just to be thrown away after use. I have been offered 2 and declined both times.

george3

Your comparing a pocket rocket with a motovox? They both are a POS. buy a real mini bike.

Hey nun, Harley Davidson will be having their 110 anniversary this year in Milwaukee WI. I will be there along with a bunch of my friends that Ive been riding with for the past 30 years.Its one hellova party,so grab that putt of yours and come on out and have a good time.They Party in Milwaukee:drinkup: Oh and about your bike: Let the good times roll.
Dont forget to subtract the AMF years :doah:.I have owned a couple and it turns out I like riding them more than working on them .:grind::hammer:...... and there is tons of aftermarket stuff for my bike ... but to each their own. Least that's what I tell a Harley guys on the poker runs when they're broke down on the side of the road....:laugh::laugh:

Last edited: