Search results

1. D

Coming along..

This project is almost done. Old style DB30 frame Carlisle 15x6x6 rear 13x5x6 Predator 212 Genuine Honda GX160 head Honda valves 10.8 trick springs .009 head gasket Hydraulic brake 12T Max Torque clutch Before the mods I was hitting 41mph on a stock predator with governor with...
  2. D

Looking for Predator 212 recoil starter

Looking to buy a recoil starter for a 212, in good condition with 212 sticker on it. They are $30 plus shipping on ebay. Looking to buy for less.
  3. D

Head stud size?

Anyone know size of head studs for 6.5 clone?
  4. D

Drilling head dowel pins

Whats the best method, drill press? Possible to do it with a regular drill? I am a professional driller:hammer:
  5. D

.010 head gasket

Just got a .010 head gasket for old style predator and it feels thicker than the stocker. What is the thickness of a stock gasket?
  6. D

Predator recoil starter cup and flywheel screen

I just ordered a flywheel screen and it wont fit because my recoil cup? sticks out too far. What is the best way to fix this?
  7. D

Thinnest predator head gasket?

What is THE thinnest head gasket I can get for a predator? .016 copper?
  8. D

DB build

Work in progress..
  9. D

2 stroke engine problems..

Im having problem on my 1970 Aermacchi Harley 125cc. I am trying to bench test the motor but I am not sure I am doing it right. I have both wires coming out of the magneto connected to the ignition coil. When I test it, I have spark. I don't know if this is the correct way to do it. Someone...
  10. D

Predator 212 gas tank, preferably old style

Looking for the tank that has the cap on the outside corner
  11. D

Chopper?

Found on Craigslist.
  12. D

Spray paint frozen or already dried?

I couldn't wait for warmer weather to paint. I sprayed my frame last night while it was about 10 degrees in my garage with the door cracked open and the paint is rock solid now. I have 2 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint and 4 coats of clear and it looks great. I'm not sure if the stuff is fully...
  13. D

Doodle Bug w/ Honda GX-160!

$180, Honda GX-160, original 97cc engine, needs love
  14. D

What IS timing?

I'm learning everything I can about small engines. One thing I can't seem to find anything about is timing. How does it work? What's all this talk about timing keys and degrees? Adjustable? What? Someone please sum this up for me in a couple sentences.
  15. D

Doodlebugs in Chicago?

Anyone in or near Chicago have one? BTW I have one for sale listed on Craigslist if anyone is interested.. Minibike mini bike Baja Doodlebug DB30
  16. D

Tips for painting when its cold outside??

Tomorrow I will be stripping the frame down to bare metal. I always paint when it is warm outside (summer) but I am out of work and I need something to do. I live in Chicago and it is 10 degrees outside now. High for tomorrow will be 27. Does anyone have any tips for painting in a cold garage...
  17. D

Swap used GX160 flat top piston in Predator 212?

Is it possible? I am just curious because I read the bore size was the same. This is me just trying to be cheap and not spend money on a new one.
  18. D

What size head is this?

Just ripped apart a GX160 only to find the head looks exactly the same size as the Predator 212 head I have. I was under the impression the GX160 had either a 14cc or 18cc. Left is GX head, right Predator
  19. D

RACESENG flywheel vs. ARC flywheel?

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Raceseng flywheel and the one from ARC? The products on the Raceseng website look like some high quality stuff. I also have no idea about timing keys and all that good stuff so Im really not too sure which one to get.
  20. D

GX160 head questions

I am building a Predator 212 and I have access to a Honda GX160 head. It is my understanding that it will bolt right on if I drill out new dowel pins? My questions are: 1. The GX160 head is 14cc's or 18? How can you tell? It is an older motor. 2. Will I still need to mill the head to get...