Search results

1. teltech2020

71 gemini

I'm down in Ocala on a business trip and thought I'd check out the local CL to see what they have to offer down here. If I had some extra time and wasn't driving a tiny little Fiat rental I'd have to try to make a deal for this one. vintage minibike
  2. teltech2020

Tecumseh 10hp backfires

I just finished rigging up a throttle mechanism for my new Tecumseh LH358XA-34 (HM100) engine. I'm pretty sure this engine was designed to go in a generator or something else that is meant to run wide open all the time because it didn't come with a throttle lever or anyway to connect a remote...
  3. teltech2020

Torque Converter ?

I'm pretty sure this is the original torque for my 70's T777 Buffalo, although I'm not sure what model it is. It is asymmetrical Comet and is for a 3/4 shaft. The chain is a 420. The bike supposedly came with an 8 HP Tecumseh, but had a non functional 5hp Briggs on it when I got it. I have a...
  4. teltech2020

Tecumseh 10hp throttle ?

I picked up this Tecumseh LH358XA-34 engine to use on my fat tire T777 Buffalo project but I'm having a little trouble trying to figure out what to do about the throttle. I'm assuming that this engine was meant to go on a snowblower(I live in Florida and have never even seen a snowblower) since...
  5. teltech2020

Buffalo build begins

I'm going to starts working on my T777 Buffalo this morning. I just bought it on Friday afternoon and was dying to get started on it yesterday but we had family in town for the holiday. This is going to be a pretty expensive build. It needs a new engine, tires, all new controls and cables, and a...
  6. teltech2020

What it is?

Can anyone please help me identify this? The guy I bought it from called it a Fat Cat but when I google it I can't find anything that looks like it. Thanks.
  7. teltech2020

Doodlebug rear wheel

I'm looking for an old style steel fendered doodlebug rear wheel. I'm planning to use it to cobble together some front brakes on my mini. Thanks
  8. teltech2020

Doodlebug seat covers

I just ordered a seat cover from these folks for my DB30S. I've been looking for a new seat for awhile with no luck until now. They have a bunch of color combinations but I won't know about quality until mine gets here. I'll post some pics of the finished product...
  9. teltech2020

Predator 212 air filter?

I just Finished fixing up a Baja DB with a Predator 212. I put a new exhaust pipe and muffler and a aftermarket air filter from OldMiniBikes WH. After I installed the filter the engine ran really rough. I had to keep it at half choke to get it to idle and it still didn't run very well. I put the stock...
  10. teltech2020

Doodlebug Punisher build

I picked up a doodlebug last week. The guy I bought it from had put a predator 212 on it but I don't think he ever got it running. It looked like he started to work on it then gave up. When I got it it had been sitting for quite a while. The tires where flat, the gas had gone bad, and the carb...
  11. teltech2020

Predator 212 Surges

I just picked up a DoodleBug with a predator 212 that has been sitting for a while. The gas smelled really old so I drained the tank, and the bowl, then took the carb off and sprayed it out the best I could with carb cleaner, Once I got her back together she fired right up. It'll run if I keep...
  12. teltech2020

I'm hooked

It's official. I'm a minibike nut. I haven't even quite finished my Azusa build yet and now I've got another project. I recently placed a want ad on craigslist looking for old minibikes running or not. I've gotten tons of calls but mostly from people with Chinese pit bikes or those little pocket...
  13. teltech2020

What is it?

I put a want ad on my local craigslist looking for another minibike project for my son and I to build. I got a text message from a kid over in Pensacola with a picture of this thing. Can anybody tell me what this thing used to be? I think I can cut that ugly addition off the neck but I'll...
  14. teltech2020

Azusa tire size options?

I could use some advice on choosing some better tires for my Azusa with 6 inch wheels. It has the standard 4.10x250x6 tires that I assume came with the kit when it was new. We live on a dirt/sand road and the bike can get real squirrelly with these little tires on it. What are the tallest tires...
  15. teltech2020

How Fast should it go?

My son and I are building a little minibike. It's an Azusa with 6 inch wheels and a 72 tooth sprocket. I have ordered a 6.5HP predator engine and a 12 tooth centrifugal clutch. My question is just how much speed can I expect out of this setup? I originally thought about buying a smaller engine...
  16. teltech2020

Asuza Build

I picked this Asuza frame up at a yardsale last week. It looked like it might make a fun project for my son and I to tinker with and at $40 I couldn't pass it up. So far We've modified the handlebars a little and ordered a 6.5hp engine from Harbor Freight. I also ordered a heavy duty clutch...
  17. teltech2020

Newbie needs help

Insert Photos and Images Insert Photos and Images Insert Photos and Images I'm new to the forum and was hoping you guys could help me out a little. I found this minibike frame at a yard sale and thought it would make a fun project for my son and I to tinker with. It doesn't seem to...