Search results

1. M

Looking for H50 lightning coil info.

Yes, i do have the original flywheel. Here is a picture. A couple fins are bent. I think if I'm careful i can bend them back.
  2. M

Looking for H50 lightning coil info.

Could anyone give me a quick run down of this ignition system. I searched around and the info i found has overwhelmed me. I just need a basic guide of how to make sure this is working properly. Possibly a recommended list of parts that should be replaced. Or any tips or tricks would be helpful...
  3. M

New guy looking for restoration answers.

Progress so far..... (Need ignition system help) I've picked up a few things: I bought a spark tester, spark plug, some oil (sae 30), carb cleaner, carb kit, some pb blaster, and a puller (rented from the auto part store). I've decided to focus on getting the engine cleaned and running...
  4. M

Wow teeks. That bike is mint. Looks brand new. All great info! Now I have a much better plan of attack. Thanks again for all the tips!
  5. M

Thanks for help so far. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions as I go.
  6. M

Yeah, as long as it's running top notch i'll be able to sleep at night. I sure hope I can find the parts I need easily. :blink:
  7. M

Haha, oh boy. Half a million for chrome huh? I wonder if I should tell my wife now or later... I'm going to try and do most of the work myself. For pride, and to save a few bucks on the budget. I do have access to a sand blaster. If chrome really costs that much i'll likely try a different...
  8. M

Here are some pics. A few photos of where I'm at so far.
  9. M

Hello OldMiniBikes members, I have decided to attempt to restore a Herter's minibike. I've never really done a restoration project like this before. Nor have I done much small engine work. I do have a bit of experience on engine work. I've done basic auto maintenance including head gasket...
  10. M

Welcome! Looks like a fun ride! :smile:
  11. M

New minibike fan with a Herter's

Yes, at the top of the page there is a pull down bar to select the kit for the H50. Thank you for your help. I will defiantly be buying one of these. This carb I have seems in desperate need of a rebuild. At one point in time the float had a small hole in it. I haven't taken a look at it yet. I...
  12. M

Would anyone have any recommendations on where to start as far as engine work. I did find a rebuild kit on ebay. Fits Tecumseh H50 V50 Engine Rebuild Kit | eBay I'm not sure I need all this though. Any thoughts?
  13. M

Thanks Thank you. I'm looking forward to a little madness from this project. Hopefully it will distract me from the rest of my life's madness. :wink:
  14. M

My bike has been sitting for about ten years now. We parked it because it just wasn't running right. I know it's got some carb issues. My main focus right now is to dismantle and rebuild the motor. Before I worry too much about looks I want this beast to run as close to perfect as I can get it...
  15. M

Sweet. That is one sweet looking ride. I still haven't decided if I want a more original look or more custom.
  16. M

More pictures. Here are a few more pictures. So far I have taken the engine off the frame and taken the head off for inspection.
  17. M

New minibike owner with a Herter's Hello fellow mini bikers, I just picked up this old Herter's from my dad. It seems like it's in a million pieces. I would like to restore this bike as long as it's reasonably within my budget. I have a bit of experience with car mechanics, but have...
  18. M

OldMiniBikes.com User Map No Longer Works

Done! Can't wait to get this project done as well!