Search results

1. gran_pann

Last chance to get this manco thunderbird

The charity raffle is closing at midnight tonight. I completely restored this manco thunderbird and rebuilt the Tecumseh ohh60 engine. Would make a great show piece, or ride it. Its nice, fast, and all donations help counsel teens in crisis. Check it out here: https://teenlife.rallyup.com/minibike
  2. gran_pann

Street Cruiser Mini Bike Charity Raffle

Hello everyone, this is Grant. I have a little youtube channel and for those that follow the facebook page, muscle mini bike builds, you will recognize this beautiful mini bike as one of the top winners in the build off. I've had some recent life changes that have prompted me to give this mini...
  3. gran_pann

Broken Flywheel or Connecting Rod?

Have you ever broken your connecting rod or flywheel? Im gathering pictures and videos for an upcoming compilation about this topic. If you want your pics/videos to be featured, upload them here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj7iPTQMRAQRgl1E4mvqEBJ7Sur4 Also, let me know anything about how or why it...
  4. gran_pann

predator 212 hemi vs non-hemi

predator 212 hemi vs non-hemi. What are the major differences? Which is better? Does it even matter? Lets hear your opinions. I'll be making a video of this comparison soon and need some input from you all.
  5. gran_pann

Win $1000 racing your oldschool mini bike

To all those in the Texas area with a mini bike. Come hang out with us and race mini bikes!!! There was a special class created for this race only. Hope it is okay if I post it up here in the mini bike events section. This is part of the Texas Outlaw Mini Bike racing and a special class was...
  6. gran_pann

how do i completely disassemble the front forks? baja warrior/heat

so i have the mb165/older versions of the baja warriors and im sitting here looking at the forks. I changed the oil in them and i tried unscrewing the allen bolt on the bottom of the fork. Is there some special way to take these completely apart? Im having a difficult time.
  7. gran_pann

Carter Brothers Shortster - Who has one, and can i get a pic of how the seat attaches

I picked up a carter brothers shortster a couple of weeks ago, and am getting around to the seat. I have seen pictures of the bike and one video on youtube, but i cant see how the seat is attached. Now, i have done a few seats in the past, and I get the whole T-nut thing, but this frame is a...
  8. gran_pann

Tecumseh 6.5 hp OHV with charge coil DFW, Texas

Engine only for sale. I pulled this tecumseh 6.5 from a carter brothers shortster mini bike. Missing air filter, missing pull start. ENGINE ONLY I cleaned the carb, but i cant get it to idle. revs nicely. Stock engine. I might have missed something on the idle circuit when i got the carb...
  9. gran_pann

shocks bottoming out

Hi all, I have a Baja Warrior (black one with plastic gas tank). The shocks bottom out, bad, like bad enough for the fender bolts to scrape the tread every time it bottoms out. I recently put about 51 cc's of Lucas 15 weight synthetic fork oil in my Baja Heat front forks (different...
  10. gran_pann

Flat Track Racing Engine, Help Me Choose Parts

Hello all, this is KartFab from youtube. I picked up a little motovox mbx10 and am going to use it for small track mini bike racing. I am wanting to build up an engine, either a predator 212cc, or a box stock clone, and am in need of some advice. The clutch ill be using is the noram cheetah...
  11. gran_pann

charge coil, i got one, but what about regulator/rectifier?

Hi all, Ive got one of those ebay electric start kits for my honda gx340, and im familiar with wiring up the larger honda gx620's and high amperage charging systems.... but this has me stumped. Whats up with this one wire charge coil? ELECTRIC START KIT FLYWHEEL STARTER MOTOR INGNITION...
  12. gran_pann

DFW Texas Flat Track Mini Bike Racing and 300 ft Concrete Drag Race

Guys, ever since I found out about this I've been like sick to my stomach with excitement. I finally found the motivation to pimp out my mini bikes. 2 days..Oct 7th 9am-12pm Gruene Harley.. 2 6ft trophies!!! Stock and Modified!!! Tomb rules apply. Oct 8th 5pm-6pm Billy Bobs 1 6ft trophy...
  13. gran_pann

Baja Warrior Build - Drag Race Build

Good morning gentleman. I've got the tools and a little extra $$ right now to build up my baja warrior (the black one). Now I have three of these things, that I have built up for trail riding, and I Am wanting to build this to drag race a bit. And I have a deadline to meet October 8th. I...
  14. gran_pann

30 and 40 series max rpm question

Provided your engine can dish out the RPMS, what is the 'max' rpms any of you all have been able to pull on your torque converters? Failures? Safeguards? I'm not talking about the guy that forgets to put lock-tite on his drive unit crank bolt and throws it at 3600 rpms. Lets hear what you all...
  15. gran_pann

Shaving Eyebrows: Any authoritative source on this?

Hi all, I recently got into a heated debate with a guy that says shaving the eyebrows on a briggs 5 hp will decrease performance. Now I understand enough to do a few things on my engine, and I was under the impression that it helps with flow at the cost of compression ratio being reduced...
  16. gran_pann

does the 30 series limit rpms?

Hey everyone. I recently raced a buddy on my modified briggs 5 hp flathead, and have been kind of bummed that the engine doesnt break 3800 rpms on a flat surface. Here is some background (before you ask 'did you remove the governor?') :thumbsup: Briggs5 hp flathead with steel sleeve i built...
  17. gran_pann

mini baja, baja heat, baja warrior front forks

Hi all, Have noticed that the seal is going bad around the forks and some fluid is leaking out. I am wanting to replace the forks, or at least replace the seal(s). This is present on two of my mini bikes. I have done a bunch of searching (OldMiniBikes, monster scooter parts, etc) all retailers say...
  18. gran_pann

5 hp flathead racing carb, tillotson, mikuni, need advice

Sooo. I sucessfully put a honda gx200 carb on my briggs 5 hp flathead that I hopped up. I made a custom intake, welded my own stainless exhaust (about .85"ID 1"OD 2X 45 deg bends in it) It runs like a dream. Direct throttle custom made by myself bolted to a pivot point on the head. The only...
  19. gran_pann

custom mini-ish bike

Hello all. I have been kicking around an idea. I want to see if you all want to kick it around. I was able to get a nice little honda gx610 (no i did not mix up the 6 and 1) and it looks like it is a few inches too tall for an existing baja heat mini bike. Now I have some nice fabrication...
  20. gran_pann

honda gx620 carb, im stumped!

Hi everyone, I have a GX620K1 engine (QZB2, GCAD) the 2XXXXXX serial number I have been trying to figure out what a certain hole in the carb is for and im stumped. I can see the fuel inlet, bowl drain outlet, and then there is this spot at the top that had some cut off hose running to it. I...