Search results

1. OFLHLG

Rupp 2-speed clutch & jackshaft installation

Yeah I really had a problem getting that. I never really did get it so it would slide easily… Had to do a lot of tapping with a hammer but I finally got it
  2. OFLHLG

‘69 Rupp Roadster restore

I’ve been working on a 1969 Rupp roadster restoration. I finally was just able to get the two speed clutch & jackshaft installed. It really kicked my butt. Hopefully that was the hardest part.
  3. OFLHLG

If you were 12 which bike would you pick?

The chopper… I actually modified a Sears Drover frame at that age to have an extended fork like that. I never really was a fan of the “mini cycle “style minibikes….. no I do have a 71 Rupp project I’m going to start work on soon.
  4. OFLHLG

This is for removing. Already did that. I’m talking about reinstalling with new bearings. It seems impossible.
  5. OFLHLG

Rupp TT500 score. I have questions.

Yes they would be that close
  6. OFLHLG

Does anyone here have experience with installing the Rupp 2-speed clutch & jackshaft installation? I’m trying to do it now and I’m finding it to be impossible….. especially with as hard as it is to install the bearings….. which have to be installed from the inside out (due to the retaining ring...
  7. OFLHLG

'69 Rupp Roadster Torrington Bearing?

I think my pretty original bike has the 12th one you have in the middle and not the larger one on the other end
  8. OFLHLG

'69 Rupp Roadster Torrington Bearing?

Mine is RCB-132117-FS
  9. OFLHLG

Want original RUPP or Flexo grips

I’m looking for decent set of original RUPP or Flexo grips. The original dummy grips were 5 inches long. The throttle side was four and three-quarter inches long. All the repros I can find are short.
  10. OFLHLG

2 spd jack shaft doesn't look right

I still don’t understand why the one way bearing is needed. The only thing I see that it does for you is allows you to manually back the bike up without all the other gears and chains turning. When the engine is driving that shit is never going to try to spin backwards I don’t get it...
  11. OFLHLG

Rear Bearings and Spacers

I can’t understand why you can’t just have the bearings stuck in each end of the wheel. I just don’t see why the spacer is needed. They are almost impossible to get out if you want to replace them. I just went through this. I don’t ever remember the spacers being in there from years ago. I...
  12. OFLHLG

Rupp 2 Speed clutches exact copys

Here is a photo of my original….
  13. OFLHLG

Rupp 2 Speed clutches exact copys

Yes….sounds like mine. Here are photos of mine, which is original as far as I know:
  14. OFLHLG

How to remove jackshaft from 1969 rupp? Yep

I don’t see any visible snaprings
  15. OFLHLG

Windber Mini bike reunion 2022.

When?
  16. OFLHLG

Bird Duck vs. Sears Drover

I'm pretty sure Drovers only came in British racing green.....regarding originality
  17. OFLHLG

Sears Drover project

I think this was likely a Roper and not a Drover. None of the Drovers i've ever seen had that front seat mount.....it would have been a welded "T" tube/stem.
  18. OFLHLG

First mini bike-Drover or Bird Duck

It's not an "original" drover......might be a later version like in the catalog photo someone posted here.....but it's likely a derivative....one of the many copies that existed. If it were an actual Sears Drover, It would have had a tall metal support for the front of the chainguard welded to...
  19. OFLHLG

Nos horstman clutch w/extra shoes

Do you still have this?
  20. OFLHLG

Picked up a '68 Rupp C500 today

There really is no way to know if it was originally a C-500 unless the tank still had the decals but even then there is no saying for sure. Anyone could have done anything to it. The C-500 and C-350 were the exact same bike except for the engine. It does appear to have lots of original parts...