Bird Duck vs. Sears Drover

I just picked up a Bird Duck roller-it has chrome handlebars (non-folding type),and appears originally to have had a red paint job with yellow stripes on the fenders,although only the rear is left-the front is missing. It has 6" wheels,and I noticed that in the Bird Duck ads,it says the tires are 5". Could this be a Sears Drover instead? It doesn't really matter-I'm going to build it anyway....I'm just curious. Any info is appreciated.

Last edited:
According to ads that I have seen,a Lark had a banana seat,like an old musclebike. The seat in the picture was obviously a cruiser seat just stuck on there. I believe the previous owner had thought of building the bike for his son,who at the time was only 4 or 5. The rear fender is mounted on a hoop,not tabs welded on the frame-that made me think perhaps it is a Sears model. The rear part of the frame has holes for shock absorbers on the dropouts.

Mac

According to ads that I have seen,a Lark had a banana seat,like an old musclebike. The seat in the picture was obviously a cruiser seat just stuck on there.
The Duck seat mounts through a tube, the Lark mounts on a post.
I don't know how that cycle seat could mount on a Duck's tube.

The newer frames have a bracket on the frame in place of the tubes and posts. The front mount on the seat is about the same. It slides over the bracket,and bolts through, like the Duck/Drovers. This one must been removed for the seat to set that low,unless it's tucked up inside the back of the seat. The bracket on the newer ones is about the same height as the tube on the Duck/Drovers.