Search results

1. B

Tecumseh Engines

Hi All, it's been a very long time since I've logged in here. I'll spare everyone the boring details on all that. I have a couple of Tecumseh engines that I'd taken from snowblowers a few years back to use for a minibike and gokart project. I ended up using a different engine for the minibike...
  2. B

Odd (Maybe) Part Failure

I had an unexpected failure this weekend. I was riding my Tri-Sport (TS with 8HP engine) and hit a couple of gopher mounds hidden under the light snow and then snap! I thought the chain had broken, but when I looked, the jackshaft sprocket was gone! I picked around in the snow where the snap...
  3. B

'Collector Minibike' Fargo CL

I was browsing today and saw this. I don't know enough to dispute the price, maybe worth that in some circles, but my jaw certainly dropped. https://fargo.craigslist.org/mcy/5222221953.html
  4. B

Fargo Craigslist Bronco

I saw this in the Fargo Craigslist. I don't know enough about minibikes to know if it is a value or not but it looked neat and relatively together. https://fargo.craigslist.org/snw/5058943332.html
  5. B

Tri Sport Wheel Bearings

I did a search and found this mentioned before but not resolved. I just got my TS working and have gone through two sets of wheel bearings on the front. These weren't the stamped wheelbarrow bearings. Has anyone found a bearing that works well for these? All of the high speed bearings I've found...
  6. B

Got My Tri-Sport Going

This is far from a restoration; more of a Frankenstein type resurrection. My wife found a Tri-Sport frame last fall and I've spent the last few months gathering parts to get it running. It started out looking like this: And now looks like this: I had an old school chair that I...
  7. B

Alsport Trisport Belt Question

I have a Trisport that came with a Horstman torque converter. I am unsure of the model the trike is, but I know it is a TS series thanks to this site. Does anybody know what the specs are for belt and center distance? I guess most important is belt width as I can figure out center distance...
  8. B

Axle Questions

Hello, I am new to this forum. My wife acquired a trisport frame that I have been working on this fall and hopefully I will have it running by spring. While removing the seized in front axle, I destroyed it. What material should I use for the new front axle? I can get shafting from McMaster...