Search results

1. D

Flywheel / Timing Key

When installing a new timing key do you want to try and advance the flywheel over as much as possible or is the idea that this will move itself back and forth when spinning up and down ? And to quadruple check its 54lbs. for stock flywheel on a clone engine ..correct ?
  2. D

Power Q's

Tested out some real world scenarios and Im stuck in deciding my next move .. Off Road - Great torque and fun to ride. Never reached top speed nor don't plan to. On Flat Ground - Torque is to much on take off and top speed lacks IMO. If you punch it, it will flip you off and do a back...
  3. D

new parts = no start

Removed governor 18lb. Springs Air Filter Exhaust 1" Timing key 6 degree Emulsion tube 140 + 37 jet No start choked/non-choked.... Occasional blue flame out exhaust n carb.. Swapped back stock emulsion & jet got more blue flames out of carb n exhaust.. I may have failed on setting...
  4. D

Springs: Hemi vs. non-hemi

How do I tell what springs I have ? Measurements? if I order 22lb springs can I use stock everything else? all I've done so far is air,exhaust, re-jet, timing key. if other parts are needed will 18lb allow stock parts ? I have a non-hemi with some hemi internals so determining...
  5. D

8.5:1 compression to 10:1 bolt on

Noob question but does a aftermarket cam add compression ? Approx how much ? what kind of rpm does a cam add ? I'm debating on a cam 2000- 5500 or a cam for 7500 rpm .. 7500 needs 10:1 or more .. so questions are how to add rpm along with compression to satisfy the build ...
  6. D

original comet tav2 179.00 free shipping

Northern tool has instant 20.00 off plus there is a very easily google searched 20.00 coupon good till 4-7-15. That's 40.00 off total !! This also applies to various other products on the website!! Good Day !!
  7. D

Engine ID Questions and Upgrades

I've spent days reading and researching on what motor I have I still don't know for sure. I've came to the conclusion that I should just open it up and go from there. Specs I know about Engine : on a Baja warrior mb200 minibike. Dealer said its a rato r200 which indeed it is stamped...