Search results

1. R

Help With Racing Pred 212/DB30

Then definitely try going up to a 12 tooth sprocket on your driven. That will give you better top speed for sure. In fact, you might even consider going to a higher tooth count sprocket than that, especially if the diameter of your wheel is only 14 inches. I have the same 6 to 1 gear ratio...
  2. R

Help With Racing Pred 212/DB30

Not sure I understand what you mean by "driven seems to engage at the same time as the driver"? In order for the belt to move at all, the driver has to engage which in turn moves the belt engaging the driven. So, yeah, that's perfectly normal. It couldn't work any other way without burning...
  3. R

30 series TAV gear ratio question...

Will that will be enough?
  4. R

30 series TAV gear ratio question...

Guys, I apologize for asking something I'm certain has been asked before. I swear on my only child's life that I did a search, and there is a lot of info our there on this, but I was having a hard time finding what I'm after. I need advice on what gearing ratio I should shoot for wit my tav...
  5. R

Current Manufacturers?

I was just checking out craigslist in Michigan and there are several old school Ruttman mini bikes for less than what you would end up investing in pretty much any kit on the market and I really think you would be a lot happier with it. By the time you buy an engine, clutch, chain, seat, paint...
  6. R

Current Manufacturers?

Have you looked at the "bad dog" kits? I have one and its a pretty nice bike. If you are dead set on buying a new kit, they are less expensive than the taco kits, but better quality than the Azusa kits. In all honesty, if you are patient, especially around michigan, you can find an old roller...
  7. R

Suggestions for doodlebug build

Hope you are ok! Sounds like a successful engine upgrade though! ;)
  8. R

Dang, hope you are ok. Does sound like a successful engine upgrade though. ;) Not sure how this post ended up on this thread. Was responding to a completely different thread. Strange...
  9. R

Front and rear 6" CAT wheels with stars and tires

The wheels are no longer available. Made a deal with trinik7597. Thanks OldMiniBikes!
  10. R

Possibly! I sent you a PM. Thanks!
  11. R

First time selling something on here, so if I am doing something wrong, please let me know and I will correct it. I have what I believe to be a set of 6 wheels off of a CAT 250x. (I am not 100% certain I've identified them correctly, but its my best guess). I got them in a trade and planned...
  12. R

How to post pictures (Test Area)

ok, trying this again
  13. R

How to post pictures (Test Area)

Testing
  14. Cat wheel 4

Cat wheel 4

Wheels
  15. Cat wheel 3

Cat wheel 3

Wheels
  16. Cat wheel 2

Cat wheel 2

Wheels
  17. Cat wheel 1

Cat wheel 1

18. R

3rd doodle bug build

Meh, those welds aren't the worst I've seen. Hard to tell for sure without looking close but they look solid. Maybe not the prettiest ever, but solid. Did they by any chance use any kind of plug inside the joints before they welded them up? I'm probably paranoid, but I don't have a lot of...
  19. R

For the kids? No way. That 212 will be PLENTY completely stock. Honestly, if I it's for the kids I would consider upgrading the brakes before you mess with getting more hp from that 212. Now, once YOU get hooked and wanna go fast, well then you might want to start looking into beefing up the...
  20. R

Torque converter help

I didnt find the weights, but my garage is a bit of a mess. Im 90 percent sure i have them. Unless you are just in a giant hurry, if you can wait until tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work I will look harder and find em. If I find em I'll get your address and put em in the mail saturday.