30 series TAV gear ratio question...

Guys, I apologize for asking something I'm certain has been asked before. I swear on my only child's life that I did a search, and there is a lot of info our there on this, but I was having a hard time finding what I'm after.

I need advice on what gearing ratio I should shoot for wit my tav. I have a bad dog minibike with 6 inch wheels, tire diameter is around 14". I'm about to put some bigger wheels and tires on it that will be around 16" diameter. Current gear ratio is 5:1. Engine is a predator 212 with the governor removed, billet upgrades, straight pipe, air filter, etc. I'm around

I'm not trying to make this any kind of drag bike or anything. I used the TAV because I had a couple of extra laying around when I got the bike.

Anyway, I'm wanting to tame the wheelies this thing will do and maybe get a little more top speed as a side affect. With the TAV, the 5:1 ratio seems like too much low end torque. I'm thinking the bigger wheels will help a bit, but Im also thinking about trying a higher gear ratio as well.

So, any suggestions for a good gear ratio to shoot for that won't cause me to burn up belts on the TAV?

125ccCrazy

you dont want to gear it too high because the tave has a 10% overdrive and you will be bogging the engine down when it's in high gear...5:1 is pretty high already especially if you have bigger tires.