Search results

1. D

Is this Sprocket Shot?

Thanks for the input. It's a shame it's all one piece. Maybe I can find something at Macs yard sale this weekend.
  2. D

Is this Sprocket Shot?

It will help! I can use it as a tourniquet to slow the bleeding when the tire explodes and I eat a rock- that is if my chain doesn't pop off first. But seriously, you know a little about Ropers. I think we've come to conclude the tire is shot. The sprocket is shot. Any suggestions on a...
  3. D

Is this Sprocket Shot?

It's tubed but yes, will replace. Any suggestions/input on the sprocket/wheel? Thanks
  4. D

Is this Sprocket Shot?

Going through my Roper and am trying to decide if this onepiece wheel sprocket is usable. Ran the bike a bit before I took it apart and the chain popped off a bit, but that could have been from a number of things. Usable? Any advice on a good replacement 6" wheel with similar offsets/dimension?
  5. D

Bent Steering Tube-Cut and Weld or Bend Back?

Nice photo trick. You can really see the difference where the front fender is in relation to the frame.
  6. D

Thanks to the suggestions here I was able to get the rake I wanted. I used the bottle jack as recommended by bikebudy. I could only get so far without heat. So I took the torch to it and got it to where it is now. Of course all the discoloration will be sanded and painted once I have everything...
  7. D

j57little's - Roper Rebuild - (Vintage Class)

Looking forward to this. As a Roper owner and newb to the minibikes, I'm sure I will learn something here. Good luck!
  8. D

Thanks all for the great suggestions. This community is great. Lots of helpful people on here with loads of knowledge. Can't wait to dig into this project some more. I appreciate all the help. Happy New Year everyone!
  9. D

Great advice. Are you suggesting that I leave the fork on and put pressure on the bottom plate of the fork? Otherwise it will be a tight squeeze to get the pipe on the lowest bit of the steering tube.
  10. D

Thanks for all the ideas! So the consensus seems to be no welding, that's good news! Ill try to bend it using one or more of the tips you guys provided and will report back with results. Thanks again!
  11. D

Hi all, Putting a Sears Roper together and coming to the realization that the steering tube has been bent forwards, reducing the rake. Forks are straight (now) but when I put it all together there appears to be very little rake. The fork hits the steering tube when I turn the bars full left or...
  12. D

New Roper project rolling chassis

I just got a Roper and am currently working it. It has a 5hp Briggs on it and the PO bolted some metal straps to extend the mounting plate just enough for the tank to fit. Not sure how it's going to work because it's not that stiff, but a similar mod might be something to consider.
  13. D

My Sears Roper Question

Thanks for the response. I'm going to see if I can find some bushings. There's a good hardware store in town here that seems to carry lots of hard to find stuff. That Roper you had looks mint. Nice work.
  14. D

My Sears Roper Question

Here Is a pic of the steering tube area. You can see the washer I added which slipped over the bushing a bit but still reduced the gap. Any Roper guys know what's missing?
  15. D

My Sears Roper Question

Im reusing the old ones. Just not sure if there is more to it then the four I have? I'll get pics here soon
  16. D

My Sears Roper Question

New to the forums and picked up a Sears Roper off CL. It's in pretty good shape. Some rust, pitting, etc. not the stock motor and the PO added some metal straps to extant the engine plate (maybe another issue down the road). It had the high speed fork option which I bent back to shape on a...
  17. D

found a couple nice ones yesterday

Man I love those CAT frames. Nice score.
  18. D

Micros

That thing is rad! Do you sell these? Does anyone know what other micro minis are out there and relatively available? I'm pretty new to minis and want to get a small one. Thanks.
  19. D

New Guy- intro

Thanks everyone. Hoping to look at a few minis this week!
  20. D

New Guy- intro

Hi everyone. New guy here on the forum. I've recently become obsessed with finding a "beater" minibike to introduce myself to the addiction. Want to build one with my sons and ride it around. I've always had Honda xr50s and can't wait to start working on something vintage and simple. Teach the...