Search results

1. D

Is this Sprocket Shot?

Going through my Roper and am trying to decide if this onepiece wheel sprocket is usable. Ran the bike a bit before I took it apart and the chain popped off a bit, but that could have been from a number of things. Usable? Any advice on a good replacement 6" wheel with similar offsets/dimension?
  2. D

Bent Steering Tube-Cut and Weld or Bend Back?

Hi all, Putting a Sears Roper together and coming to the realization that the steering tube has been bent forwards, reducing the rake. Forks are straight (now) but when I put it all together there appears to be very little rake. The fork hits the steering tube when I turn the bars full left or...
  3. D

My Sears Roper Question

New to the forums and picked up a Sears Roper off CL. It's in pretty good shape. Some rust, pitting, etc. not the stock motor and the PO added some metal straps to extant the engine plate (maybe another issue down the road). It had the high speed fork option which I bent back to shape on a...
  4. D

New Guy- intro

Hi everyone. New guy here on the forum. I've recently become obsessed with finding a "beater" minibike to introduce myself to the addiction. Want to build one with my sons and ride it around. I've always had Honda xr50s and can't wait to start working on something vintage and simple. Teach the...