Search results

1. FunWithStuff

Seat Dimensions Thread

Hey everyone! I wanted to make this thread with the intention of posting measurements/dimensions of seats used on some old mini bikes. I thought this would be a great reference thread for anyone that is looking to make or recreate a seat since many didn't survive on mini bikes over the years...
  2. FunWithStuff

1970's Tecumseh Air Cleaner Decal

Hello! I am looking for an original or replacement air cleaner decal for Tecumseh's from the 1970's. These were originally yellow and I know they were used on HS40's. I will take a remake/reprinted decal if it is a match to the original one. See the photo below for reference of what I'm looking...
  3. FunWithStuff

Caesar 4.00-6 Tire Is it from the 1970's?

Hello! I purchased this tire for a 1972 Cat mini bike a while back. It has a Caesar tire on it and I've never seen one before. I'm wondering does anyone know if this might be the original tire for this wheel (as in is it from the 70's meaning it's more than likely the original)? If it's a 70's...
  4. FunWithStuff

Cat Slingshot Seat

Hey everyone! I'm currently restoring a Cat Slingshot and I need to know dimensions to help remake a seat. The dimensions I need are: Length before incline Length after incline Angle of incline Width (front and back there are two different ones) Height (front and back) That should be all I need...
  5. FunWithStuff

NOS Tecumseh 7 Hole Muffler Head 30911

Not mine. For sale on eBay right now. This is just the top portion of the muffler but it can be screwed into an old one to replace it...
  6. FunWithStuff

What year is this Tecumseh H35? How do I read the serial number on it?

I've recently acquired this Tecumseh H35 and was wondering what year it is. I know the serial number tells you the date on it but not sure how it's outlined on a Tecumseh. I appreciate any help I can receive. Thanks!
  7. FunWithStuff

Cat 300SS Clutch Cover/Chain Guard

I'm looking for a Cat 300SS clutch cover. Preferably one that has a decal on it since they are not being re-popped. I've included a photo of what the cover looks like. Condition of the chrome does not matter I would just like the cover to be all in one piece without any big holes or dents in it...
  8. FunWithStuff

Is This a Vintage Cat Mini Bike Seat?

Hello! I'm thinking about purchasing a mini bike seat I recently came across that looks like the same ones used on Cat 400X, R4001, and Duster MX models. Is there anyone out there that can confirm whether this is a genuine Cat seat or not? I've included a photo of an R4001 and a Duster MX to...
  9. FunWithStuff

What Brand is This 4.00-6 Tire?

So I recently bought this 4.00-6 mini bike tire because I have a bike I plan to use it on. There's no brand name on this tire I was hoping it might be a Carlisle tire. Are there any tire experts that can help me figure out the brand and maybe year of this tire? I appreciate any help I can get!
  10. FunWithStuff

Cat Switch Plate Nice Chrome (Reproductions)

Not mine. These are very nice Cat switch plates with mounting clamps and a kill switch available. Realise that these are re-pops and not genuine Cat parts but I'm sure it would be hard to tell a difference between a real one and would work great on anyone's Cat restoration. The seller is also...
  11. FunWithStuff

Cat Switch Plate Decals (Replicas)

Not Mine. These are very nice replica switch plate decals, he has all known colors available. He's listed these before and sold out but now he's making more. https://www.ebay.com/itm/165262221576?hash=item267a656108:g:3wAAAOSw5KBgRW8i
  12. FunWithStuff

1974 JCPenney's Duster MX (Cat) Restoration

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to come and read this thread. Like the title says I will be posting about a Duster MX that I have been restoring. This was the first mini bike I owned and what got me started into collecting mini bikes (specifically Cats right now). So anyways let me start...
  13. FunWithStuff

Cat Slingshot Front End

Hello! I have recently picked up a Cat slingshot frame and I am looking for a front end to go on it. Compared to most Cats, the Slingshot had the handlebars and forks as one unit that bolted on the frame. If anyone has one I would appreciate being able to get one to work on my Cat. I have...
  14. FunWithStuff

How/What do you use to Polish Parts to be chromed?

Hello! So I was wondering what methods everyone on this site uses for polishing and prepping parts. I know you you basically need to get the part to where it's nothing but bare shiny metal, but on some parts especially pitted ones it can be a tough job to do. I would like to know what tools...
  15. FunWithStuff

Original Cat HPE Muskin Decals for Clutch Cover/Chain Guard

Not Mine. You almost never see these come up. They appear to be original, they even come with instructions on how to install them. I would assume this company that made them made other decals for HPE Muskin back then. If anyone was looking for original decals to use on their Cat, now's your...
  16. FunWithStuff

Tecumseh HS40 Oil Dip Stick?

Hello! I was wondering what Tecumseh oil dip sticks would work in a 1974 HS40 model. The parts diagram for my engine has a dipstick depicted, but no part number available for it. On the engine I have, both sides of the sump cover just have the removable plugs on them to pour oil in, like when...
  17. FunWithStuff

Cat Handlebars HPE/Muskin

Hello! I am looking for handlebars for a Cat mini bike. I've got a Duster MX I am trying to restore to look as original as possible and the handlebars that are on it now have really been messed with over time. I would like to get a set that hasn't had any welds, tweaks, or mods done to it. If...
  18. FunWithStuff

What is the Cat 300 XL?

Hello! I have recently discovered that there is a HPE/Muskin Cat model called the 300 XL. I found out about this model by discovering its decal on a chain guard one time. I can't find any photos of this particular bike nor much info about it. If there is a photo of this bike, I've somehow...
  19. FunWithStuff

Hillarious ad on Craigslist

Was searching around on Craigslist and found this hillarious ad. Thought I would share it here for anyone that needs some humor right now. https://nashville.craigslist.org/wan/d/lebanon-2021-coleman-200-rt-realtree-ed/7375982049.html
  20. FunWithStuff

Need to find the right bolt for a Clutch Guard

Hello! I've been working on a Cat bike for a while now and I am having trouble with getting the right bolt to fit under the clutch cover. On this 1974 Tecumseh HS40 that I am trying to make it work on, the threads for the crankshaft are 7/16 size and the only ones I can get at the hardware store...