Search results

1. verk182

DB 30 Tires

I ground down the caliper on the bench grinder. Problem solved!
  2. verk182

DB 30 Tires

I just put the Carlisle turf saver 15-6-6 on my sons blitz and it rubs on the brake caliper. :shrug:Any suggestions?
  3. verk182

Baja Blitz #2

I think I got it. Several hot laps around the neighborhood and the chain is still on! I really like the way this 6.5 pulls my big ass around, must really haul ass modded like a lot of you have done. The stock governer setting seems to fit the type of riding we will be using it for, gets up to...
  4. verk182

Baja Blitz #2

any tips on sprocket alignment? Got it all going and have tried eye balling it three times and each time the chain flys off! :confused:
  5. verk182

Baja Blitz #2

I think I will just use the 2.8 tank, searched and found several threads on that subject. Might go cheap and dirty and use zip ties for now to mount the tank.:grind: We are going camping in 3 weeks and I just need a work horse. My sons blitz got worked over last spring break with the same...
  6. verk182

Baja Blitz #2

Came home from work tonight to find a nice priority mail package on the front porch. Got the install kit from cjtmini, super quick shipping and so far so good. Hopefully have some time tomorrow to get it finished
  7. verk182

Looking for a non CARB compliant clone tank

PM sent
  8. verk182

Looking for a non CARB compliant clone tank

Anybody have a non CARB compliant 6.5 clone tank laying around that they don't need anymore? I could use one for my Blitz project, let me know if you have one.
  9. verk182

Clone 6.5 parts

I would like to find a non carb compliant tank to fit my blitz.
  10. verk182

Emulsion Tube price

Forgive my ignorance, but what is wrong with the stock emulsion tube? Just asking because I am getting ready to make the swap.
  11. verk182

Baja Blitz #2

Does anything need to be plugged after I pull all of the tubing?
  12. verk182

6.5hp Clone $89.99 Coupon!!!!

Picked one up yesterday with the coupon in this thread, thank you for posting that. Now I just have to figure out a gas tank, the Cali version has that big old nasty gas cap on it.
  13. verk182

Clone 6.5 parts

do you still have the gas tank available?
  14. verk182

Baja Blitz #2

I have been looking for several months now for another Blitz/Doodlebug and finally found one on craigslist. On the way home from picking it up I just happened to see a Harbor Freight and low and behold I got a clone for $89.99! I can only assume all the crap hanging under the cylinder and...
  15. verk182

Dudly the o-ring worked out just fine, just took a little bit of tweaking to get it to seat...

Dudly the o-ring worked out just fine, just took a little bit of tweaking to get it to seat perfect. Once again thank you for all of your sound advice, hopefully you and the mods can work out your differences.
  16. verk182

Carburetor Kit For 2.8 DB30

I just installed the carb kit and the blitz is running much better now. On my first attempt the o-ring did not seat properly on the float bowl but with a little tweaking it worked out fine. Thank you Dudly for all of your assistance.
  17. verk182

97cc governer question

Luckily we own and operate an Ace hardware store so I plan on sifting through our spring assortment this afternoon when I get some time. My current setup on the Blitz is the promod jackshaft, 11 tooth clutch and whatever stock is on rear sprocket. This setup has been great for my 8 year...
  18. verk182

97cc governer question

The one hanging in the picture was the one that was hooked up to the governer arm, there is a larger black spring that is the return spring. I believe the governer spring has sprung:hammer: seems to be to long and does not actuate the governer linkage when throttle is twisted. I am going to...
  19. verk182

97cc governer question

Thanks Dudly. The shaft did not have a groove in it, probably the reason the linkage kept sliding off and becoming loose. I grooved it with my dremel and seems to hold well now. Now I just have to figure out all the springs and get the throttle action working properly again.:drinkup: Also I...
  20. verk182

97cc governer question

I am having trouble getting the governer linkage back on to the shaft that comes out of the case. The shaft pushes back into the case and makes it very hard to get the linkage back on. I must be overlooking something, any advice? Here is a picture. Also when putting the linkage on should the...