Search results

1. K

Muffler options

Hey. Wondering what everyone is using for mufflers? I have been trying different ones to find something that flows, but isn't crazy loud. We don't want to piss off the neighbors, but so far anything that is not overly restrictive is also very loud. I have even disassembled some and added...
  2. K

224 cams

Hey guys. Starting to think about my winter refresher of my 224. Currently using the Dyno cm cam which has the 224 core. I would like to try some other cams but it seems no one else has the 224 cores. When I built this I had a 212 cam and had issues with the compression release hitting the...
  3. K

Nibbi carb tuning

So I picked up a nibbi pwk26 for my mod 224. Previously had a mikuni 26 knockoff. Anyone have experience with these? I have it running good, but if you wack the throttle from low rpm (think hole shot) it just falls on its face. It almost shuts off. If I roll onto the throttle it seems good. Good...
  4. K

224 help!!

So i posted awhile back about the 224 builds i was doing. I built 2 identical 224s that include... ported head, milled head to 15cc, billet internals, flat top piston, CM dyno cam, header, 26mm chikuni, campion rocker arms, and 22lb valve springs. We are running these on fat tire mini bikes with...
  5. K

Tachometer

Curious what people are using for tachs? I had a "tiny tach" on my 196 and it seemed pretty good. I since switched to a 224 and same one with same settings reads really high and jumps around. Purchased a different brand tiny tach thinking it went bad and is the same way. Willing to spend a bit...
  6. K

224 build question

Hello! I am build two 224 predators for mini bikes. I have build several 212 and have had many years of experience with the Briggs (in karting). So the 224 has been a little bit of a pain with all of the clearance grinding needed. The biggest issue was the cam with the billet rod. I thought i...
  7. K

TAV2 on Baja Warrior

Hello! SO i have been playing with my Baja Warrior 200. The engine is now pretty built (milled head, ported, cam, rod, flywheel, vm22, flat top piston) and i am having issues with the TAV2 torque converter i installed. It is a china version of the TAV2. Currently have the stock weights and...
  8. K

gx200 clone knocking

Hello. First post here. I have been modifying my gx200 clone in a baja mini bike. At first i put in a flat top piston, ported the head, air filter, exhaust, but left the governor in. It has a torque converter so is rarely over 4500 rpm. The next step was to get a vm22 carb, remove the governor...